advertisement

Bluetooth receiver.

listening to this now free of charge... are cd's now obselete?
Well, not for people with a substantial cd collection.
Maximising the sound you can get from your existing library still makes sense. So people with a cd collection will continue to think about better CD players & in turn, that will encourage them to buy more silver discs.
Plus, if your internet reliability is rubbish, streaming may not be viable.
However, CD players in general are on the decline, manufacturers are pruning their range.
If you want convenience, instant access to a massive music library, compact storage & the kind of advantages that cd was originally marketed on, then streaming is the future.
If you want a physical medium to look at, handle, read sleeve notes, reminisce over, then LP’s are that medium.
Since I started streaming, I’ve stopped buying CD’s but still buy vinyl.

yep, I have around 1k cds - but never bought any for a few months in case the streaming method worked out fine...and I've been happily listening to a few that I own on cd...but I doubt I'll sell them, plus I'm sure some old indie cds won't be on the likes of amazon... :)

currently listening to this via the audioengine b1 -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09hz65k

and it sounds amazing...

but not sure if i mentioned, I had a listen to some tunes via my kindle fire last weekend and that doesn't support AptX and the music sounded crap...but played through my laptop (Dell XPS 15, quad core, 512 ssd etc which does support it) it sounds spot on... but there is also a AptX HD - which is cd sound quality, but seems there isn't a real good receiver out yet? anyone know of any?

and music i've listened to via amazon sounds great too - not much difference (if any on some stuff) to cds I have... well worth buying...

advertisement

Back