advertisement

Bluetooth receiver.

Mr Cat

Owner
Hi guys,

I'm lookin to buy a bluetooth receiver so that I can listen to the likes of Spotify etc through my HiFi...

And I've seen the audioengine B1 which looks decent...anyone used it before, anything else out there? And any other advice etc?

Cheers

Is it possible to achieve 'high fidelity' playback, streaming music via bluetooth?

good question... hence the 'advice' query too..as I'm after a simply option like such a receiver, but what other options are there? is the such a device that does wifi for example?

I have the neets, and they playback everything I have including dsd files usiing the onkyo app.

I have the neets, and they playback everything I have including dsd files usiing the onkyo app.

Does it playback a good dsd file as well as a wired connection to a decent DAC? I suspect there would be some loss in sound quality. Is this the case?

good question... hence the 'advice' query too..as I'm after a simply option like such a receiver, but what other options are there? is the such a device that does wifi for example?

Im sure Mr Cat there is a stack of stuff out there thatll do what you want, i was just amazed that you can get the little blue tooth Neet and it work great, obvouisly the Neet thing will do the bluetooth, but if you want many option like wifi etc and want to spend more im sure someone else can answer :)

Is it possible to achieve 'high fidelity' playback, streaming music via bluetooth?

The the fidelity is excellent using bluetooth because of the AdptX transfer, it would be be very hard to tell the difference between wired and bluetooth, i perceive a slight difference, softer? but level matched blind, it'd be difficult for me to tell what was playing!

I was skeptical that for £35 the Neet would be any good, but it really is excellent, fed into a Dac, even the analog out, Wolfson dac is very good, it's digital optical out btw, not coaxial.

Streaming a dsd file now which says 1bit 352.8kbps dsd via poweramp although I prefer onkyo hf, poweramp is the only one I can get the tech info on unless I am missing something on th onkyo hf player.

It is indeed, with AdptX. Plenty of devices out there that'll give a good Spdif output for a quality DAC meaning you can get proper HIFI from Bluetooth.

It is indeed, with AdptX. Plenty of devices out there that'll give a good Spdif output for a quality DAC meaning you can get proper HIFI from Bluetooth.

As long as you're not using an Apple device! ;)

Bluetooth via aptx is certainly better than standard bluetooth, but still not up with wifi streaming in terms of SQ IMHO

I use Chromecast audio for streaming at home, Bluetooth at work.

The main advantage of the Chromecast is that it gets the data directly from your Wi-Fi network (though you can stream music stored on your phone).

This means your phone battery doesn't get drained, and when you leave the room with your phone in your pocket, the music is still playing when you return.

My kids use bluetooth from their Iphones into my amplifier (A Roksan K2BT). I have never listened critically (Justin Bieber? - why would I?) but it sounds OK as I pass by.

well, got this fired up and listening to amazon's 'my music' (cd's that you buy from them also come as a download) and after a shaky first hour - the sound quality is great..! not sure of the sound quality, but sounds fine to me... will sign up for the free trial in a bit (40 million songs) and listen (hopefully) to some old indie albums that were a bit too expensive to buy imo -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000026E12/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

tho, have it on cassette and is a blast from the past...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
drunken snap here...

25182012_10155152717277338_1581203536068204799_o.jpg

advertisement

Back