1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Brother takes to the skys of America.. Check this out!

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Arkless Electronics, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Arkless

2. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

gosh , never knew that . we watch it all the time

3. Wilson

Wilson _

Arkless,

From where do you get this "news" of my Government blocking Al Jazeera?

"Funny how" you need a half Yank on PFM "to get the in depth news these days!"

Unreal...

4. markb65

markb65 pfm Member

It's funny how Al Jazeera is on 24/7 on channel 92 of my cable service, but I guess New York City isn't part of the US.

You need to get control of your particular bias.

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Remote controlled flying police cameras are nothing new, we have them here. Liverpool Police even managed, at great expense to the tax payer, to crash theirs into the Mersey (link).

6. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

Big Brother is already working on nano tech that will infiltrate your neural network and allow you to be remote accessed and directed as deemed fit for any given situation.

Ignorance is strength
    Everything you know is wrong

7. Arkless Electronics

There is an invitation to "Demand Al Jazeera in the USA" by petition on their web site!
    Also I had not seen or heard about it anywhere else....
    I would personally be very pissed off about my government spying on us with drones that can apparently read normal size text!

8. Darth Vader

Darth Vader From the Dark Side

I have one of those toys. Great fun and controlled by iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone. It has two cameras a HD in front and a standard one pointing down. I can also record video straight to a memory card.

At the mo flying time is around 12min but I am going to experiment with a better Li-poly battery that may triple that flying time.

The only thing lacking is a directional mic oh and an on board GPS.........

Goggle Parrot AR Drone. Version 2 has just come out so there are bargains to be had on the original model.

Cheers,

DV

9. Greg

Greg 2t5b

well the obvious solution is make your font sizes smaller.

10. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

I've had Al Jazeera bookmarked for at least a decade, despite Arkless' contention that my government blocks it.

Oh, and as for the eyes in the sky, anyone who has read Larry Niven's "Cloak of Anarchy" knows we need them – without them, we're hopeless savages.

11. markb65

markb65 pfm Member

It's wrong. Right now on my television is Al Jazeera: The Stream, next up is Al Jazeera English: Newshour, after that is Al Jazeera: News Live and so on throughout the day.

We also get RT (Russian) World24 (French) & BBC World News. I know, crazy.

12. Arkless Electronics

Well you lot far more concerned that I have obviously been wrongly informed about the availability of Al Jazeera on that side of the pond than about thousands of drones spying on you...

To quote one of your more enlightened late countrymen: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither and will lose both"

13. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

And you seem to be far more concerned with cleaning up our back yard than your own.

As for the drones, I'm confident you'll solve that issue with my own best interests in mind. TIA.

14. Arkless Electronics

I start where I see the most filth :D

15. Arkless Electronics

Lighten up anyhow Yanks!
    My O.P was meant to be for your interest and enlightenment....

It's no wonder so many Brits join your forums just to go Yank baiting! (not me BTW but I know plenty!)

16. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

You probably underestimate the popularity of Limey baiting.

17. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

I wonder how long it will be until light aircraft start hitting them.

18. markb65

markb65 pfm Member

Is it any different then the 1.85 million CCTV cameras in the UK though? We're all guilty of letting our essential freedoms go in the name of safety and security be it from terrorist, street thugs, or bad drivers.

19. afewbeers

afewbeers more sense than money

I'm quite familiar with this technology as we supply some software to the UAV market. There are significant implications with these devices, safety being one of them. However the technology is evolving rapidly and with quite considerable weight reductions they are going to become much safer. Costs will also be coming down, though with government procurement processes I expect it will still be rich pickings and plenty of grubby back scratching deals.

If you're planning any criminal activities then best to choose a windy/stormy evening.

20. Wilson

Wilson _

Misrepresentative hyperbole often inspires.