advertisement

Best Punk Song?

These bring back the strongest recollections of that 'bygone' era:

Stranglers - No More Heroes
Boomtown Rats - Mary Of The Fouurth Form
The Undertones’ - Teenage Kicks

Still get played today... :)

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and I can come up with four songs I could put forward for being the best punk tunes of the day:
New rose, because it probably was the best
Anarchy in the UK because it was so good as was most of the pre Sid Pistols stuff or later stuff should I say?
Souixsie and the Banshees the lords prayer because it was everything punk should have been
Borstal Breakout because it was my probably my favourite in the day but a bit late in the day to be called punk perhaps

Reactions: BJP
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and I can come up with four songs I could put forward for being the best punk tunes of the day:
New rose, because it probably was the best
Anarchy in the UK because it was so good as was most of the pre Sid Pistols stuff or later stuff should I say?
Souixsie and the Banshees the lords prayer because it was everything punk should have been
Borstal Breakout because it was my probably my favourite in the day but a bit late in the day to be called punk perhaps
Just went and looked when Borstal breakout was first written, 76 so it was in the real timeslot

New Rose, Bodies, God Save the Queen, Too Drunk to ****, are all great tracks from a fantastic era, but Sham 69 always draw a smile. Although my fave punk band will always be the Buzzcocks, they smashed out great track after great track, and still do to this day live. Boredom and Everybody's Happy Nowadays are outstanding.

Geldof as I remember was quite well off, his father was good friends with the Irish prime minister back then, I would have accepted that if he wasn't always pretending to be working class and skint. I can't say I remember the gear they used but I do remember Geldof was a gobshite and still is despite doing a few good things in his life (and all credit to him for doing that).

I don't like Mondays was a cracking tune

advertisement

Back