advertisement

Best POP song ever.

gassor

There may be more posts after this.
Pete Townsend has said that SOS by Abba is the best pop song ever. For me it is probably Waterloo by Abba, or is it This Old Heart of Mine by the Isleys or even She Loves You the Beatles.

I don't think there is much in the way of catchy pop (although Taylor Swift fans may disagree) being made anymore, but I feel it would pass me by even if there was :)

This is a thinker. Teenage Kicks is definitely a contended, but for me possibly 'Trixie's Big Red Motorbike - White Horses' is number one..

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a thinker. Teenage Kicks is definitely a contended, but for me possibly 'Trixie's Big Red Motorbike - White Horses' is number one..

No, no and no. My life is on hold till I get that nausea inducing song out of my head. I had hoped it would be any other song, but you got me to listen to it. "I'm tore down, almost level with the ground". :(:(:(

No, no and no. My life is on hold till I get that nausea inducing song out of my head. I had hoped it would be any other song, but you got me to listen to it. "I'm tore down, almost level with the ground". :(:(:(

:-D You started it! A risk due to the totally subjective nature of musical appreciation.

I might be able to help with your rationalisation though - TBRM were an anti-pop music ensemble.
Kinda like Ted Chipping was to comedy. Not exactly mocking, but very ironic.

Great pop needs to be immensely catchy, alienating to the older generation, and to perfectly define the zeitgeist of the time. As such I nominate Anarchy In The UK by the Sex Pistols as the greatest pop record of my lifetime. Honourable mentions to Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze, FGTH Relax and Ghost Town by The specials.

Great pop needs to be immensely catchy, alienating to the older generation, and to perfectly define the zeitgeist of the time. As such I nominate Anarchy In The UK by the Sex Pistols as the greatest pop record of my lifetime. Honourable mentions to Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze, FGTH Relax and Ghost Town by The specials.

Four very strong contenders.
On second thoughts I'm going to be a fickle teenager (in my dreams) and switch vote to Anarchy In The UK.

OK gassor :-D

advertisement

Back