advertisement

Beeswax fuses

Purité Audio

Trade: Purite Audio
I have owned my Beeswax fuses for three weeks now, I can't wait for the month to expire and they become fully 'burnt in',

Keith

Can't tell if this is a serious ad or a pisstake...

Can't tell if this is a serious ad or a pisstake...

Absolutely serious!
Quote,'
I agree with ******Audio re. Burn in and For comparison I'd say the SR Black ads dynamics, resolution and a more forward presentation. The AM Beeswax has dynamics, greater resolution, not as forward but most importantly for me is the huge soundstage in all dimensions particularly depth and height, perhaps width compromised by my narrow room.

Entirely system dependent of course with maybe the Lampizator preferring SR black and the SGM a AM Beeswax.
All worth a try and though expensive, worthwhile to experiment.

Keith

Have I dozed off and woken up on April 1st?

No worries, I'll be sticking with my Unicorn Hair fuses :D

Well after a bit of reading i'm amazed! - The differences seem to be dramatic! Can I just ask one thing? We never change our fuses in our equipment, and the physical removal and insertion of the fuse probably increases the contact area and cleans up the connection..

Can I ask someone with these to do a blind test? - Ie get someone to change a fuse, but not put a fuse full of Dodo semen back in, but a standard fuse?

I would be hugely interested to hear the results..

Edit - Oh, I think I may have just had a lightbulb moment!... How to make my system sound more realistic and 'human' - where's my Penthouse collection...

Do they make any difference to the sound already?
I've read about this range of fuses, can I ask where you obtained them and the cost?
I could be tempted, but will wait for your long term opinion first.
Cheers
Mand

Just in case English and its native sarcasm isn't your first language, Mand: the whole idea is a foul and unfunny joke. Do not spend good money on it.

English is fine, just keeping an open mind ( or ear?).
So should I rub the lard damping off my speaker cables?
Mand

Only if you'd rather try this oil I've extracted from Pipistrelle Bats instead... naturally, it's quite expensive...

I like the sound of bat oil, I suppose it will extend the high frequencies?
But then the wax damping may counteract its effects, so I'll be back were I started but with a lightened wallet.....

Enough already.

advertisement

Back