advertisement

Bastards!

RickyC6

Infuriate the frog-men
Went right out of my way in the pissing London rain this afternoon to get the new Fall LP from Sister Ray - and they said it wouldn't be in till next week!!
So had to console myself with some Sonny Rollins and Trane on Impulse from downstairs in Harold Moores......

Cheers

Rich - in need of vinyl addiction help!

What's happening at Moores now? For a while Mole Jazz were in a room upstairs, but that's gone I believe - has the stock moved downstairs to Moores or is Moores now doing jazz? I always found their classical interesting but so hugely expensive I never once bought anything - they always seen to charge 3 or 4 times what I would for a given item! What are their jazz prices like? Mole Jazz when it was on Grays Inn Road was exceptionally good value IMHO.

Tony.

Tony

Basically Moores have some jazz in their basement. Lots of 2nd hand good stuff, some original issues (really expensive!) and some later stuff e.g. I got what look like 70's issues (I'm guessing as they have "wrong" cat numbers with the real one e.g. AS 10 in brackets and the labels look like my 70's Steely Dan ABC LPs but with Impulse! on instead) of Sonny Rollins On Impulse and John Coltrane Live At The Village Vanguard for about £12 each. In very nice nick and the gatefold sleeves are still to die for. They also have some old library LPs which are a fair bit cheaper but condition is variable - chance of a bargain though. Worth a glance when your next down sarf.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich, I've not bought anything by The Fall for years. Do let us know how good it is, I might be tempted to get it, maybe even on vinyl.
Mand

Mand

You should buy it regardless of what I think of it!
Cheers

Rich
PS Heard one track already - Systematic Abuse which is ****ing brilliant.

I always found their classical interesting but so hugely expensive I never once bought anything - they always seen to charge 3 or 4 times what I would for a given item!

Harold Moores are still in a side street off Regent St aren’t they? Not the cheapest location, however there is an up side to their prices, they always seem to have copies of those hard to find records.

Harold Moores are still in a side street off Regent St aren’t they?

They are in Soho parallel and one road back from Oxford St - very easy to get to from Berwick St.

edit: just had a look at stereetmap.co.uk it's Marlborough St - I guess just as easy to get to from Regent St.

Tony.

advertisement

Back