advertisement

Awesome Dance (I want to say f**king)

I've 'bleeped' the thread title as many folks read pfm from work and I'd much prefer it if thread titles didn't trip content monitoring software. I also know for a fact that many pfm folk have young kids and I'd like to keep the place as accessible to all as possible.

Tony.

No worries. It's a difficult line to figure out to be honest - I'm reluctant to 'dumb down' but I want the site open to all in as many environments / locations as possible. I've started to bleep myself as I'm a bit of a foul mouthed **** on occasion.

Tony.

That one is The Isness, Androgynous.

It has FSOL links, but not quite sure if its band members or a project or whatever. Not really dancey anyway, but I like it.

There is an amazing live version of Impact on one of the 3CD's in the 'Satan' set. In fact, all the stuff on that set is amazing. Also, the new CD compilation of Orbital's Glasto performances is excellent.

I think this is possibly the best album of dance music made. If you don't like this, you don't like the genre -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00005NVT1/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Amorphous Androgynous is FSOL is Isness. Same band members and slightly different sound to mainstream FSOL but I love em all.
The first Amorphous cd was Tales of Ephidrinia which kind of freaked me out as I'd heard so many of the samples used. Tangerine Dream and Edgar Froese as well as some clips from predator. All served to fry my then substance addled brain..........aah those were the days

More info HERE and a video live from the bestival HERE

Gary,

When you said Orbital - I thought of the track 'Hyperion' I think it's called, off the brown album. It's a classic. The rest of the album is not as good.

Jim.

The first Daft Punk LP is good. Maybe too housey in parts but mostly lots of cool sounds and monotonous beats.

I don't really like monotonous beats, or more accurately I like stuff without the shit. I found Daft Punk to have far to much shit in it. 'Around the world, Around the world' repeated 500 times, is bloody crap.

Dance music for me is usually ruined with voices making any kind of verbal sense. That should cut out most of the house crap as well.

Haha.

any of the air albums, not dancey dance , but dance albeit depending on your "state" of mind at the time

In terms of dance music, for me it's all about dubstep and grime right now.

On Dubstep check Youngsta's first dubstep all stars mix CD on Tempa for 2005 classics.

On grime, check Kano's the mixtape, Trim's Soul Food volume 1, Ruff Sqwad's Guns'n'Roses volumes 1 & 2 (can't get these in the shops, get them from ukrecordshop.com, juno etc.).

I still really love deep, chunky house... Ame, Bookashade, Trentemoller etc.

It's slightly off topic, but I can heartily recommend Richie Hawtin's DE9 series of cds on minus. Some of the other artist's mixes on his label aren't up to his standard, he really is the master. I haven't come across a single person who hasn't asked me what's playing when these are on, regardless of music taste.

I have to say I tired of Orbital's meandering wibbling very quickly once I discovered friday nights at club uk and jeff mills...

Autechre was always much more my thing really from the non-clubby electronica

For late night dubiness Rhythm & Sounds "the versions" is fantastic.

Might be worth going to juno.co.uk, whacking in your favourite albums and sampling some of those in the "customers also bought" section of the album details - I've spent hours trawling through mixes on there...

Another Vote for Autechre, If you like a bit of melody strapped to fantastic mad beats Chiastic Slide is were to start, If you want to play it safe Amber's the Album and if you want to jump in at the deep end and like twisted uncomfortable beats Draft 7.30 is the Album to go for.

Bookashade and Dennis Ferrer for House music Stormers

For Dubstep try Skreams Album if you love Bass its goes soooooooo deep also Kode 9 and Spaceape for a dubbyspacedoutdeepbassslowtoasting Vibe and Burial by Burial for some slow creepy beats.

Acid House Lovers try Ceephax's new Album Part2 excellent stuff and of course anything by Luke Vibert, Squarepusher, Two Lone Swordsmen, Plastikman.

Dean...

Anex if you like the track with Spaceape on Burial try the Kode 9 & Spaceape Album fantastic beats and sloooow toasting by Spaceape. Though Skream for me is the best of the bunch, also been meaning to buy the new Soul Jazz Dubstep comp on Vinyl, should get some serious bass out of that.

Dean..

Anex if you like the track with Spaceape on Burial try the Kode 9 & Spaceape Album fantastic beats and sloooow toasting by Spaceape.

Dean..

Thanks, now on order. With the new Burial 12. Shame Hyperdub don't do proper LP releases of the albums, I know there is a Burial one now but it's been fiddled with and it didn't need fiddling with.

advertisement

Back