advertisement

Awesome Dance (I want to say f**king)

garyi

leave blank
Yup work safe or no, sometimes something gets you just right.

Right now its Impact USA by Orbital. What this track has is:
1. Excellent recording, sadly many are not, I want to love Ed Rush for instance but this is difficult because the recordings are not so good, more so even for Chemical brothers where the recording is just plain shit.
2. It has some lovely midrange info going on, a lot of the stuff that turns you on is up there just below the treble which could so easily rip yer ears off. I have this so loud at the moment I could cry.
3. Its sufficiently long enough to keep you interested but not so long you get a headache.
4. It has 'movements' 3 distinct areas that are different to the rest.

If you don't like dance, this won't turn you on, if you do it will.

What else in this style do I need in my life. Its quite old, 94 I think.

great track, from the album 'diversions'.

My absolute FAVOURITE Orbital track is from the album 'snivilisation' which is a track called 'forever'. The rest of the album isn't as good, but I rate this track even better than Impact USA, which I also really like a lot.

Outside of Orbital I feel less safe of making reccomendations, taste being so personal. Also, not knowing what you have already.

Here's a few..

BT - IMA
William Orbit
Underworld - Second Toughest in the infants
Crystal Method - Vegas
Hybrid - Wide Angle
Infected Mushroom - BP Empire
Kruder & Dorfmeister - DJ Kicks
Leftfield - Leftism
Shpongle - The Remixes

I love all of those, but they aren't all exactly like Orbital.. would be a bit boring if they were :)

Awesome ****ing?

It's sufficiently long enough to keep you interested but not so long you get a headache.

It has 3 movements, 3 distinct areas that are different to the rest.

By the way, the best dance track ever is of course Xpander by Sasha.

Bottle I have all but the first of them I will check it. Alex I will check it but ain't sasha house.

I really do not like house.

It's house-ish, but it's not singy songy happy house that I know you really loathe. It's most like the BT mentioned above, which isn't surprising as one of the tracks on the BT album is a Sasha collaboration, but it's not so far removed from Wide Angle.

I honestly don't think you'd like it, but you should at least try.

Try out the first Kosheen album too.

lol Sorry I stuck all the dancy and electronica on then got carried away and added things I should maybe ashamed of.

God when you look at the start of the list it's a little embarrassing.

Bottle I have all but the first of them I will check it. Alex I will check it but ain't sasha house.

I really do not like house.

Then you have a nice dance music collection :D

BT is great, I also like 'ESCM'.

I had some more outlandish reccomendations too, but didn't know what you had already... I'd better keep those to myself just in case lol.

best dance album i ever owned, Paul Oakenfold, journeys by DJ's, the original one, now long since deleted. had some great stuff, seven grand hosuing authority etc.. timeless.

Oh yes.

If people like that one then Book of Dogma, Black dogs early years is in a similar vein and also in every way Awesome.

Some Suggestions

Klute (D+B)
Calibre (D+B)
Silicone Soul (Techno/House)
Harold heath (Modern House)
Vector Lovers (Techno)
The Tuss (Aphex Twin)
The Freestylers (BreakBeat)
Meat Katie (Tech House/BreakBeat)
General Midi (BreakBeat)
Elite Force (BreakBeat)
Wagon Christ (Luke Vibert)