1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome Dance (I want to say f**king)

Discussion in 'music' started by garyi, Aug 10, 2007.

1. garyi

garyi leave blank

Yup work safe or no, sometimes something gets you just right.

Right now its Impact USA by Orbital. What this track has is:
    1. Excellent recording, sadly many are not, I want to love Ed Rush for instance but this is difficult because the recordings are not so good, more so even for Chemical brothers where the recording is just plain shit.
    2. It has some lovely midrange info going on, a lot of the stuff that turns you on is up there just below the treble which could so easily rip yer ears off. I have this so loud at the moment I could cry.
    3. Its sufficiently long enough to keep you interested but not so long you get a headache.
    4. It has 'movements' 3 distinct areas that are different to the rest.

If you don't like dance, this won't turn you on, if you do it will.

What else in this style do I need in my life. Its quite old, 94 I think.

2. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I'll say fucking.

Fucking.

There you go.

3. bottleneck

bottleneck pfm Member

great track, from the album 'diversions'.

My absolute FAVOURITE Orbital track is from the album 'snivilisation' which is a track called 'forever'. The rest of the album isn't as good, but I rate this track even better than Impact USA, which I also really like a lot.

Outside of Orbital I feel less safe of making reccomendations, taste being so personal. Also, not knowing what you have already.

Here's a few..

BT - IMA
    William Orbit
    Underworld - Second Toughest in the infants
    Crystal Method - Vegas
    Hybrid - Wide Angle
    Infected Mushroom - BP Empire
    Kruder & Dorfmeister - DJ Kicks
    Leftfield - Leftism
    Shpongle - The Remixes

I love all of those, but they aren't all exactly like Orbital.. would be a bit boring if they were :)

4. AlexG

AlexG ...

Awesome Fucking?

It's sufficiently long enough to keep you interested but not so long you get a headache.

It has 3 movements, 3 distinct areas that are different to the rest.

By the way, the best dance track ever is of course Xpander by Sasha.

5. garyi

garyi leave blank

Bottle I have all but the first of them I will check it. Alex I will check it but ain't sasha house.

I really do not like house.

6. AlexG

AlexG ...

It's house-ish, but it's not singy songy happy house that I know you really loathe. It's most like the BT mentioned above, which isn't surprising as one of the tracks on the BT album is a Sasha collaboration, but it's not so far removed from Wide Angle.

I honestly don't think you'd like it, but you should at least try.

Try out the first Kosheen album too.

7. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

And if you would like an old raver's dance orientated collection you could have a look HERE

8. garyi

garyi leave blank

Um, I saw Genesis, and a little bit of sick came into my mouth, but thanks anyway,

9. Ed Rogerson

Ed Rogerson Culturally irrelevant

Never mind the Genesis what happened when you saw the Mike Oldfield?!

10. garyi

garyi leave blank

Haha, music to sleep too.

11. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

lol Sorry I stuck all the dancy and electronica on then got carried away and added things I should maybe ashamed of.

God when you look at the start of the list it's a little embarrassing.

12. bottleneck

bottleneck pfm Member

Then you have a nice dance music collection :D

BT is great, I also like 'ESCM'.

I had some more outlandish reccomendations too, but didn't know what you had already... I'd better keep those to myself just in case lol.

13. garyi

garyi leave blank

Bring them on, I will be interested or I won't.

14. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

best dance album i ever owned, Paul Oakenfold, journeys by DJ's, the original one, now long since deleted. had some great stuff, seven grand hosuing authority etc.. timeless.

15. Anex

Anex Señor Member

You should check out the Zeitgeist New Wave Club Culture set Gary. Something for everyone.

16. Sid and Coke

Sid and Coke and so the rebuild continues..

Garyi 'Dad Dancing' to an old 1994 rave record, awesome indeed.

17. garyi

garyi leave blank

Oh yes.

If people like that one then Book of Dogma, Black dogs early years is in a similar vein and also in every way Awesome.

18. AlexG

AlexG ...

It's cracking stuff, but far too housey for iGary imo.

19. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

yeh, probs, right on the cusp of that first house trance crossover.

20. Whizzkid

Whizzkid Cocky Cockney

Some Suggestions

Klute (D+B)
    Calibre (D+B)
    Silicone Soul (Techno/House)
    Harold heath (Modern House)
    Vector Lovers (Techno)
    The Tuss (Aphex Twin)
    The Freestylers (BreakBeat)
    Meat Katie (Tech House/BreakBeat)
    General Midi (BreakBeat)