advertisement

Avondale SE200 Announcement on FB

Goodnight. Does anyone have any news about the Se200 in voyager mode, or in another configuration that has increased the audio quality? Thanks.

Goodnight. Does anyone have any news about the Se200 in voyager mode, or in another configuration that has increased the audio quality? Thanks.

Why don't you give it a try and let us know your findings / thoughts. I suspect there will be a lift in SQ but at what cost. Extra transformer/s,PSU and regulators. I believe this would out weigh the cost difference between the SE200 and the AA installed SE230.

The SE230 is a very special amp IMO. It has a fluidity and musicality to its presentation compared to the SE200. Now Im not saying the SE200 is lacking in SQ in any way, it's just that the SE230 does everything with finesse in comparison, without FE regs !!.

Im not saying the SE200 is lacking in SQ in any way, it's just that the SE230 does everything with finesse in comparison, without FE regs !!.
I note that the Hamnett installed SE400 Monoblocks *do* include a separate FE power supply, although there's no obvious regulation.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I note that the Hamnett installed SE400 Monoblocks *do* include a separate FE power supply, although there's no obvious regulation.

The FE regulation is on the SE400 board.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Why don't you give it a try and let us know your findings / thoughts. I suspect there will be a lift in SQ but at what cost. Extra transformer/s,PSU and regulators. I believe this would out weigh the cost difference between the SE200 and the AA installed SE230.

The SE230 is a very special amp IMO. It has a fluidity and musicality to its presentation compared to the SE200. Now Im not saying the SE200 is lacking in SQ in any way, it's just that the SE230 does everything with finesse in comparison, without FE regs !!.
Goodnight. Thank you so much for your answer. I understood that the sound of the SE200 couldn't come close to the sound of the SE230.

advertisement

Back