advertisement

Avondale front end deregulation.

andrewsutton

pfm Member
One of my lads has been commenting that my system had lost a bit of something and I feel I have tracked it down to the vbe regulation of the front end of my Avondale monoblocs. I have gone back to the resistor and diode combination for now but will look into a separate supply to the front end. My Cap6 modules were running at 54v per side when I was checking the bias current and I would like to match or even exceed this a little. So I'm looking out for a pair of nice transformers for the job and perhaps a few teddyregs. I think the vbe regulation stole some of the grip at the lower end. Cheers Andy.

Hi, 54-0-54 according to my test meter when setting the bias current. I don't know what the voltage is under a proper load as I have not measured it. Cheers Andy.

"One of my lads has been commenting that my system had lost a bit of something and I feel I have tracked it down to the vbe regulation of the front end of my Avondale monoblocs."

I did tell you ages ago. Anyway - carry on.....

what Les said ..i actually bodged a couple of amps , using NCC200 boards , one ran a mini cap6 module , the other NAP250 regulators , I prefered the min cap6 version.

advertisement

Back