advertisement

Audiophile

Chaps

There are several types of audio enthusiasts.

You have my type, we go for a top notch brand such as Naim and buy the best models of this brand that we can afford. We are normal people. We are relaxed in the knowledge we have the best.

You have those who swap everything every few years. Nothing wrong with them, they are enjoying life and their hobby

You also have the really sad types, those who drone on and on and on about bloody cables etc. They are the really boring ones in this hobby. Basically this lot are a plain bloody embarassment.

Then you have the real under achievers attempting to convince the world that their bodged up tat is better than the original stuff. They are the real all time losers in life and hifi fora.

Regards

Mick

Mick. More unsubstantiated claims from you. Prove that Naim is the best, - in the same spirit that you demand AVI to 'prove' their claims.

Surely you believe in equality and what's good for the goose is good for the gander and all of that?

That's the Chris Koster who deems phase one Mana is best. Seems he has created some disciples.

No more or less than Ghandi, Porky Pig, John Watson or Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, Vuk, Dave or John.

Mick it's a shame you feel that way about people who like to 'bodge' their kit. Its a perfect combination of two hobbies: electronics and music HiFi. Our HiFi equipment are electronic devices. If the likes of Julian Vereker, John Farlowe and Richard Dunn never 'bodged' then we wouldn't have a Naim, Exposure and NVA in the first place. Read their histories and how they started. All by tearing apart Quad and Leak kit to see what improvements can be made. Therein lies the learning process which turns bodgers into industry innovators and leaders.

I love my HiFi, it pleases me enormously. I really like Naim, their products are superb. As we know a product is placed on the market with certain constraints, compromises if you like. This ensures one product is not better than the next one in the range otherwise no one would upgrade. Now then, why pay £1000 more for the next preamp up the line when the same benefits can be achieved yourself for a lot less outlay and with a bit of electronics understanding and help from people like this forum. A Nac72 can be turned into an 82 or even a 102 beater for hundreds of pounds less. Some of us do not care about the kudos of owning the best or most expensive kit. It's about getting the most from a product rather than upgrading every few months to impress.

Sorry, my 2p's worth.

I think I may have Audiophile tendencies! Say what you will....

Rich

Everyone here is an audiophile. Some just can't admit it to themselves since the internet audio forums made it politically incorrect several years ago.

The biggest lie in hifi is likely "it's all about the music."

dave,

You're wrong.

I am an auidophilette.

Tacking the suffix "ette" on the end of any word brings visions of Betty Crocker hairdos and aprons, heels and a pearl necklace cooking a Thanksgiving dinner.

Hmmm...what would Freud have to say about this?

regards,

dave

Tacking the suffix "ette" on the end of any word brings visions of Betty Crocker hairdos and aprons, heels and a pearl necklace cooking a Thanksgiving dinner.
hifi_1954_00.preview.jpg

advertisement

Back