advertisement

Audiolab 8200CD

Galty

i was wondering if my player is OLED... the control software is 1.6B servo version 86 and main board software 1.1A hope someone can help... thanks

one way to tell is if there is a label to left of seriel number on the back says V12E or something. It may ofcourse been updated to OLED but wont have that sticker

one way to tell is if there is a label to left of seriel number on the back says V12E or something. It may ofcourse been updated to OLED but wont have that sticker
No sticker I'm afraid. i suppose it can be converted? What's the benefit really?

I actually preferred mine prior to the oled upgrade. It sounded more digital / cleaner after the upgrade.

It was a long time ago so can’t be more specific I’m afraid.

well I think the upgrade wasnt just the OLED display but also some thing to do with the power supply inside - if yours is old might be a good opportunity to give it a health check at Audiolab

well I think the upgrade wasnt just the OLED display but also some thing to do with the power supply inside - if yours is old might be a good opportunity to give it a health check at Audiolab[/QUOTE have you had yours converted? Did you prefer it before or after too? I called them before and they said they put a low noise transformer in, new display and software. It costs around £180...

I have the 8200cdq and I bought it when that series was end of line just as the 8300 were coming out. Mine was the OLED version out of the box. sounds fine to me, not very differnt from a few LPs on my record player where I also have the cd version

advertisement

Back