advertisement

Audio Innovations Valve amps

Most of the listening when developing the Alto was done on Type K's. It ought to sound good with those!

Hi All,

I've just joined the forum after a search so this is my first post,
i have just acquired an early Alto, model number 0611 I'm planning on moving to live in Mexico in the next few months, and to make it lighter and because they use 120V have considered removing the TX and replace it when i get out there, as this will be in my luggage,
does anyone have the schematics for this model i have seen pure sound mention having them ?

if not can anyone tell me the secondary output voltages and if there is a split primary on there which i could alter rather than getting a new TX

also any suggestions regarding upgrading some of the components to more modern better sounding types, especially caps and other components in the signal path,

any thoughts information or help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,
John S

Hello all,

does anyone know if the AI S500 requires rebiasing for new power valves, or can new ones just be dropped in?

Regards,

Craig

It is auto biasing so just needs two matched pairs. I'd be inclined to avoid Chinese power valves & fit something Russian or possibly Czech (of the new production valves there are).

Hello, How about reviving a dead thread? I'm looking for a schematic for a AI 300 MK1 as I have just bought one that needs repair. I have searched high and low on the net and can only find one for the mk2.
Thanks, Paul.
[email protected]

Schematics sent by email.

Hi Pure Sound
I'm new to this forum, just discovered tonight.
Do you happen to have a schematic for the AI500 series?
I bought this AI 500 back in mid eighties when I lived in Denmark and brought it with me to Australia in 98 when I moved here, but I can't really find anything about it here.
Would very much appreciate if you could email it to: [email protected]
Thank you in advance.
JohnJ

Hi Pure Sound
I'm new to this forum, just discovered tonight.
Do you happen to have a schematic for the AI500 series?
I bought this AI 500 back in mid eighties when I lived in Denmark and brought it with me to Australia in 98 when I moved here, but I can't really find anything about it here.
Would very much appreciate if you could email it to: [email protected]
Thank you in advance.
JohnJ

Diagrams sent by email.

Listening to Music last night I noticed the top of the Right hand valve had gone white and was not "lit". I switched off the Amp and waited 5 mins before trying to Pull the EL34. Turned out the Glass envelope had parted company with the base. I gingerly removed the valve and placed a spare Mullard xf3 in the base. It fired up and I completed listening with the Puzzling Muddied sound now gone. The question being am I ok to continue listening? There was no "pop" bang or any previous problem so am at a loss to figure out what has happened.

hi there all,

6. Volume control: the original potentiometer is of poor quality: a standard ALPS will guarantee a long life with no “scratches”. A good stepped attenuator also work wonders, but good luck fitting it in the small chassis...

I plan to replace original pot AI on S500 (i.e. Harmoni).
Can someone help with (recommended) value, so I can purchase pot without opening amp?

Hello again folks,

I am having great difficulty sourcing a set of Sovtek 6B4G valves for my 2nd audios. Banzai music in Berlin are out and tell me of price rises and enlarged base sizes that will preclude their use in my amps. There's the odd place in the USA, but I'm loathe to have them shipped that far - I've had several with intermittent heater faults and it's a pain to return them that far.

Does anyone know where I can get them within 1000 miles or so? Perhaps I'd be better off chucking the towel in & getting them converted to run 2A3s instead.

Cheers for any comments guys,

Craig

There are usually a good number of East European sellers of 6C4C or 6S4S on eBay. I think I'd stick with those rather than switching to 2A3.

advertisement

Back