advertisement

At last... (Audiolab) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you bugging our conversations???? :) we where just talking about this last night....

Early days, but the "transport" will really be a "digital source component", so along with other features we are looking into DLNA streaming.

John

This is exactly what I've been looking for

Perhaps IAG might employ a European type production/sourcing manager if they really can't get up to speed or understand a giant selling opportunity?

Very glad I made the pre-order list now, otherwise it could conceivably be spring before the ready availability of the Mdac had one flinging itself my way.

I'm as excited a small excited thing getting all excited up :)

Early days, but the "transport" will really be a "digital source component", so along with other features we are looking into DLNA streaming.

John

Major feature for me would be ability to work without an extra computer in system. Plug in USB stick with music and simple display and remote control to select tracks, folders will be fine.

Major feature for me would be ability to work without an extra computer in system. Plug in USB stick with music and simple display and remote control to select tracks, folders will be fine.

Indeed! Me too.

I'd love to be able to just lob in a big usb or hdd and go straight on from there, no computer buggeration. :mad:

Is that even possible? Or feasible?

Perhaps IAG might employ a European type production/sourcing manager if they really can't get up to speed or understand a giant selling opportunity?

Very glad I made the pre-order list now, otherwise it could conceivably be spring before the ready availability of the Mdac had one flinging itself my way.

I'm as excited a small excited thing getting all excited up :)

I must admit I'm getting sillily exited. Quite rediculous for someone 50 next month lol. I think the fact is I sold my Copland CD player a few months ago to go the NAS route and I'm desperate to get that quality sound back.when I sold it I thought I would just go out and get one but nothing fit the bill until until i ventured onto here.

So im with you Arthur excited and glad to be on the list

Oh and its getting hard to keep the £500 away from my wife's attention ;-)

Vodnik said:
Now I need to actually buy a new CDQ - the one with triggers this time!!! :mad:

OK, That was quick. I already have a new CDQ :) Short bargaining and I got a good price (for a unit from official Polish distribution channel). So I'm ready for a trip to Jeseniki! :cool:
My previous unit was serial number 121, the new one is 889 and it is trigger equipped. The same software versions though, so I still have faulty v86 servo software...

My new CDQ has already "hanged" today... I was playing some music from a PC using foobar and had some problems with controlling it with CDQ remote, so I sent a lot of remote commands in a short time. The result was that the music kept playing, but all the remote and front panel button functions stopped working. I had to power the unit off and on again to wake it up, but after that all my recent settings were lost and the unit reset to previously stored values.
I hope it was just a single odd incident, not indication of some hardware problem...

By the way I have a suggestion for a software change. Well, at least I hope it can be changed it software. Now when I'm playing a CD and change the input to e.g. VIDEO, the CD keeps playing, but the CD digital outputs are muted. Also the playback stops after some time if I remember correctly. Now I would like to see an option to have the CD out active even when the pre-out input set to VIDEO. The reason for this is that I have several DTS and Dolby Surround encoded CDs and would like to be able to play them on my CDQ but with the signal output to the AV receiver for processing, with L/R signal only going back to CDQs VIDEO input for playback in HT mode. Also the auto-stop feature would have to be delayed to at least 80 minutes to allow for a full lenght CD playback.

Pawel

Hi Mr Ian,

We can add a "work-around" in the software (somehow) meeting your requirement... Its a practical suggestion...

:)

John

sounds great to me. But it even better to know that forum feedback can prompt, possibly new, thought and thinking on additional functionality

Hi Vodnik,

What software versions is your new machine? the OLED update software also fixes all known ealier issues. Dominik is in the process of bring the LCD software upto date... Its got left behind with all the work on the OLED software.

Foobar does not implement HID commands correctly (Cue back / Cue foward are known issues) - MS Media player works correctly...

We could stop the disc after a full 80 minutes, would have to talk with Dominik to see if we have a counter free (or if the current counter can be extended too so long). I'm not sure why we Muted the the digital outputs when selecting an Analogue input - again I'll talk with Dom.

John

sounds great to me. But it even better to know that forum feedback can prompt, possibly new, thought and thinking on additional functionality

We are more then happy to add featuers at owners request. Luckly the MDAC can be updated by the user,

John

Indeed! Me too.

I'd love to be able to just lob in a big usb or hdd and go straight on from there, no computer buggeration. :mad:

Is that even possible? Or feasible?

It is, for example this one Aune file player http://www.hllyhifi.com/aune-mini-wav-ape-flac-player-24bit-192k-dac-p-283.html
If we take MDAC form factor, then there is space for nice quiet 2.5" hdd inside and proper oled display. Also will be space for all that audio/video bypass sockets what others asking for. That two units will look great together.

Hard drives belong on networks, not inside products. Just put a upnp renderer inside the thing, an ethernet socket on the back and clean up.

hard drive, usb stick, memory card - there is no difference. I just do not want extra piece of equipment (most likely noisy). Keep it simple, just something not overpriced to replace a CD media and CD mechanism.

Hard drives belong on networks, not inside products. Just put a upnp renderer inside the thing, an ethernet socket on the back and clean up.

I agree. Right tool for right job. Keep network products on the network. I would not buy anything that stores data and costs a fortune to update or is not scalable. For me the last component which is the dac is what countts for SQ

John/Dominik can you ever see yourselves entering into the digital streaming market?

PC based stripped down and bespoke components geared not for multi room just a dedicated audiophile processor based product which allows the user to pick and choose the software of their choice. No DAC just a quality digital signal :cool:output to interface to the MDAC or DQ

John (Westlake), could you please clear your PM box, I tried to send a message but it failed.

Cheers

I agree. Right tool for right job. Keep network products on the network. I would not buy anything that stores data and costs a fortune to update or is not scalable. For me the last component which is the dac is what countts for SQ

Hard drive is the storage device, not network device. And we are talking about transport device, not dac. External portable usb hdd for me also will be fine enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back