advertisement

At last... (Audiolab) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to post this to the other thread but it's become locked, so...

FAO: JohnW, did you get my message??? (tried to PM but your box is chuckit fu', and added it to the previous thread but got buried on approximately page 23834...). If not, I was wondering if you might PM me at some point re: CDQ upgrades, dogs and preferred brand of tea.

Meanwhile, just to keep this OT: here's a question about the CDQ: is the decoding bandwidth rate independent for each input or is it a global setting? I'm asking because I had drop-out issues with Freeview from the TV into the optical input, although no such problems from non Freeview content via the same TV/lead/connection, so I changed the decoding thingumy, but the manual suggests that this might impair the quality somewhat so if it were to reduce the sound quality across the board I might rethink connecting the TV through the CDQ...

Ta.

Edit: JTC, I've merged your post to the shiny new Audiolab pt. VII thread as this seems to be where it belongs. Markus

Not yet - but I feel like I'm being "F-over" when I take our car to be serviced here in CZ... I'm dreading the next service...

Would it be cheaper to get it serviced elsewhere like Austria, at an independent garage using genuine parts?

John, were you involved with the Peachtree Grand Pre?

Hi Markus,

No, its not our type of product... I'm not into the US style massive "expensive" boxes.... As I understand, its designed by the "Wired for sound" designer.

John

Was going to post this to the other thread but it's become locked, so...

FAO: JohnW, did you get my message??? (tried to PM but your box is chuckit fu', and added it to the previous thread but got buried on approximately page 23834...). If not, I was wondering if you might PM me at some point re: CDQ upgrades, dogs and preferred brand of tea.

Meanwhile, just to keep this OT: here's a question about the CDQ: is the decoding bandwidth rate independent for each input or is it a global setting? I'm asking because I had drop-out issues with Freeview from the TV into the optical input, although no such problems from non Freeview content via the same TV/lead/connection, so I changed the decoding thingumy, but the manual suggests that this might impair the quality somewhat so if it were to reduce the sound quality across the board I might rethink connecting the TV through the CDQ...

Ta.

Edit: JTC, I've merged your post to the shiny new Audiolab pt. VII thread as this seems to be where it belongs. Markus

The DPLL BW setting is stored for each input - so does not effect Globel settings. Freeview must have massive Jitter...

John

OK, ta. Can you PM me with details about when you're planning to be up this way so that I can organise to be here, ensure that your preferred brand of tea is present and so forth? Cheers.

OK, ta. Can you PM me with details about when you're planning to be up this way so that I can organise to be here, ensure that your preferred brand of tea is present and so forth? Cheers.

Hi JTC,

It will be around Christmas time, I need to return to China for 3 to 4 weeks first :(

I'll let you know in advance,

John

OK, great. My wife is well up for taking the dogs out for a walk (along with my two boys) and leaving us 'sad hifi types' to get on with it :)

Hi John. Sorry if you have confirmed this already (and I'm not nagging or whining or anything, just wondering) but do you know what the dealer ETA for the silver MDACs is yet?

Interzone,

50pcs Silver, 100Pcs Black have been shipped via air, so end of this week - latest next week you will have your unit... they are just making there way though the system.

The rest will follow....

John

As I would now like to find out...

MDAC's are going to be like Gold dust... despite my pre-warnings to IAG about the demand - needless to say they took no notice... I guess they are still not accustomed to having "Hot" selling products.

John

OK, great. My wife is well up for taking the dogs out for a walk (along with my two boys) and leaving us 'sad hifi types' to get on with it :)

:) The update should only take an hour or so - Bobby and Paris are not to sure about the cold - and its still not snowed here yet - The snows going to be a shock to Paris - Poor little thing...

John

I am looking forward to when MDACs are in stock in regular dealers so I can take one home of a weekend.

I take it that kind of supply will be early 2012 John?

Butuz

BTW if anyone local to me (london/surrey) wants to hear one in a few weeks I would be willing to do a short loan........

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back