advertisement

At last... (Audiolab) - part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleToast
Please confirm which cables are better than your Kimber Black Pearl.
Many thanks

Hi Soverign, if my memory served me well, I brought my single ended silver cables (Ack!) to a friend's place. Compared to his black pearl we could not detect much difference. Both are silver cables. In my own system with the cdq, balanced cables are better than single ended. I have a pair of balanced silver Hosa cables, which compared well to the Ack. But it still sounded reserved. Surprisingly, the very cheap Van Damme cables (besides Aurthur, perhaps Technobear also recommended them. I am not sure as it is an old post quite a few pages back which I can't remember the page number but I saved the ebay seller mentioned then) brought the music out. The music bloomed which is what good components should do to your music, a highend friend taught me. I bought the Van Damme from Sound Stable on ebay and they are terminated on good neutrik connectors. Frankly, the Van Damme cables are quite a find. I am quite grateful. Copper may oxidise, but I can easily replace them years later since they are so affordable.

Bump.

Hopefully the Guinness record for the longest and least interesting thread is now within reach!

If it's not your submission for 'most pointless post' has been noted.
Take it easy, just a joke, guys!

Having not looked at pfm recently, and having become accustomed to see this thread in the top ten, was just trying to help out, that's all. Haven't read it myself since about page 3, I think.

Mind you, sq, I hope audiolab have offered to give you some recompense - must be close to the record for thread length, and all about one product. Well done!

<moderating>

User 'santilomonaco' deleted, seems to be some personal vendetta / customer service issue or something. Whatever it was nothing to do with pfm and certainly breached the AUP. Thanks to those who reported it.

I'm also going to lock this thread now. This isn't an attempt to kill the subject (whatever it is, I've not actually read it!), I'm just doing so because the thread is over-long and not good from a vBulletin database searching perspective. Please feel free to start off another fresh thread.

Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back