advertisement

Arm for garrard 401

Hi,

I'm doing a bit of research as I’ve had a brand new, boxed RK-309 which has been in a draw at home, since being given to me by an Australian studio engineer around 1986/87. I suspect its never been out of the box except for me inspecting it. No headshell, but the arm rest and the serial number label are also in there.

If anyone's interested or can tell me more about it that would be great - I can take some pictures and stick them online if it helps.

Andrew.

Lucky you! Check the Vinyl Engine for more material on it. You can still get cartridges to fit.

I currently use a 12" Jelco with my 401. Am thinking of getting an RS Labs RS-A1 for it too.

Many thanks hairy(!) I've had a look on the Vinyl Engine and you're right - as much detail as I've seen so far on there - appreciated.

As I've just posted elswhere in the Audio section....

I see what, on the face of it, appears to be a similar (although not new) arm on eBay, based on an SKG212, that has attracted high bidding (over £820 with 3hrs+ to go)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250740332950&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Does anyone know how that arm compares to the RK-309 ? i'm wondering what this one is really worth.

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back