advertisement

Arkless modified Cambridge 640P: First Impressions

I'm using mine with a Dv 17, 0.2 output with no troubles or significant hiss

Interesting comparisons, as I've said before, newly acquired 651 wasn't as good as Naim internal cards (523). Arkless blew away Prefix :D

* Jez, is there a schedule for a turbo loaner ? Andy and I are still interested ;-)

I'm using mine with a Dv 17, 0.2 output with no troubles or significant hiss

Interesting comparisons, as I've said before, newly acquired 651 wasn't as good as Naim internal cards (523). Arkless blew away Prefix :D

* Jez, is there a schedule for a turbo loaner ? Andy and I are still interested ;-)

As I am no longer a trade member of pfm I cannot enter into any discussion.
Anyone needing information etc will have to telephone me (numbers on website) for the time being until BT manage to sort my email forwarding....

It appears the PSU can crack open The Arkless I bought second hand was in this disconcerting state but it does work.

To let you know if you have the same problem with a Cambridge [email protected] can help. I have contacted them an a replacement is supposedly on it's way.

To be update when it arrives

----------------------------------------------------
This post was not intended to derail this thread

I've got the same problem with my power supply. Did richer sounds provide a replacement no questions asked, or what did they charge you? I was thinking of buying in a replacement from Maplins or somewhere, but if freebies are available, all the better.

I've got the same problem with my power supply. Did richer sounds provide a replacement no questions asked, or what did they charge you? I was thinking of buying in a replacement from Maplins or somewhere, but if freebies are available, all the better.

Sorry if I am unclear. It is supposed to be on order to Richer sounds but as yet has not arrived there yet, let alone been sent to me. Supplies were supposed to be delivered this week. When I hear more I'll post here.

Maplins don't have much by way of replacements I have looked. If you must seek an alternative note it is a 12v AC requirement and 99% of adaptors are DC. Using a DC adaptor will fry your Cambridge. There isn't much on Amazon or eBay either. There are a couple of Audiophile PSUs for sale at well over £100 if you try Googling

Hang in there.
----------------------------------------------------
This post was not intended to derail this thread

Thanks Mr A. The Maplins one looked a bit big in the flesh but yes I am sure it will work (none in local store now)

I'll see what next week brings from Richer Sounds.

Spiderous if you get one of these let us know how you get on

Spiderous, Jez and other interested.

Just had an email from Richer S Spares. PSU has arrived in their stores and being despatched to me today. I'll post as to when and any cost (not mentioned yet) involved.

Cheers

BTW any more people wanting to try the loaner version of the basic Arkless 640P? I'm coming towards the end of the list of potential loanees from the last shout out about this...

Any news on the turbo loaner Jez?

I'll no doubt find a round tuit in a sale any day.... They are slowly selling on recommendation alone at the moment anyway and I've yet to have a less than delighted customer....
As soon as I have it ready I'll let it be known of course ;)

Some people are having to wait quite a long time to be delighted though Jez, I hope I can soon confirm the findings of other lucky owners!

advertisement

Back