advertisement

Aristocrat guilty over Gina Miller post

Community notice - the lil' fish should not hold their breath whilst awaiting TPAs research results.

Seems you are also having trouble with interpretation. My comment related to posts and malicious communications (the Act by which he was found guilty), you might want to look that up and appreciate the implications of that. It does not relate specifically to racism or threatening behaviour, but can involve for example, bullying, causing stress or anxiety.

To that end I don't think my comment that people should consider what they post publicly in light of that is out of order in any way.

Just to be 100% clear here, malicious communication does not have to be racially motivated, or involve threatening to kill people.

The law is constantly changing due to the whims of the government of the day. The internet, being a public place means now anyone can 'publish' their thoughts. In the pre internet days I guess he would have had to phone her directly, which to me is a direct threat, but making a statement on facebook isn't quite the same, as it isn't direct, the guy is just sounding off. Yes its very offensive, but doesn't deserve prison.

I'm afraid the law doesn't agree - thankfully.

Anyone can 'publish' their thoughts and if those thoughts break the law then one should prepare for the consequences whatever the publishing medium.

If I offered £5k for you to be run over by a car as a thread/post on pfm I'm pretty sure it would be offensive and a real threat in the eyes of the law, oh and Tony L would boot me!

Please go ahead and retrieve the racist posts (calling for someone to be killed) of this calibre, you are alleging. Take your time.

merlin has quite frequently said on pfm he'd like certain people killed. See for example post 13 on the thread below:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=190064&highlight=merlin+kill

Amusingly, some pfmers defended his remarks on the grounds that the person he wanted shot was 'seriously vile'. So that's all right, then, as Private Eye would say.

Just getting the cap ready for any pithy retort

y4mNOFKmWMy_GlTtvXsc7MNeHTS4RIWpUXct5rEDZems0FSu9eVc_urFnxURvLCSUOR2sCVDY7n7O9E25vhg7fNjszytVz4-jAKOiGBP3i_TAcbsKhtAfC42eFwocl-zGuGtrEuQBd2s3pyZanF21UXix6RvtX547ReLqcWRHZr2poBjVXjSnA-DMSNy8SEDBSBeeTiEc8wDlLeV9kLahyYOg

The law is constantly changing due to the whims of the government of the day. The internet, being a public place means now anyone can 'publish' their thoughts. In the pre internet days I guess he would have had to phone her directly, which to me is a direct threat, but making a statement on facebook isn't quite the same, as it isn't direct, the guy is just sounding off. Yes its very offensive, but doesn't deserve prison.

Free Rhodri Colwyn Philipps!
Free Viscount St Davids!
Free Baron Strange de Knokyn!

You could start three separate campaigns for justice for this aristocratic felon.

merlin has quite frequently said on pfm he'd like certain people killed. See for example post 13 on the thread below:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=190064&highlight=merlin+kill

Amusingly, some pfmers defended his remarks on the grounds that the person he wanted shot was 'seriously vile'. So that's all right, then, as Private Eye would say.

I opened the thread-

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2886237&postcount=11

If I'm not mistaken, this person is already dead?

..or can you hear Strange Knockin? Kar dhore slammin?

Still Do you by any chance drive a van said:
Still
Please do not defame Brighton
I know Brighton has it's problems but on the whole it is probable the most tolerant City in the Country, but even the citizens of Brighton would not tolerate the rubbish spouted by Kendo or support the insanity of this upper class moron
olde ( who has lived in Brighton for 30 years)

Kardhore is permanently banned as he's an alter-ego of another banned user who may or may not be a van driving resident of a famously open minded seaside resort.

He also thought exploding a device to kill people for drinking Pimms was justifiable. Suppose he makes the rest of us look reasonably sane. :)

Is this incitement to violence?

The Country basically needs rioting on an industrial scale across cities in response to both the proposed DUP deal and to the social injustice which this event has only served to highlight.

No need to guess who produced this insane suggestion. Clue; he likes military dictatorships that torture their critics.

I don't think that is incitement.

"Meet me at time/place. I'll bring the knives if you bring the molotov cocktails.
Make sure you aren't carrying any id, and wear dark clothing + cover your face."

Might be.

Seems you are also having trouble with interpretation. My comment related to posts and malicious communications (the Act by which he was found guilty), you might want to look that up and appreciate the implications of that. It does not relate specifically to racism or threatening behaviour, but can involve for example, bullying, causing stress or anxiety.

Thanks for the boresplaining, but I know.
So where are your examples?
Do you need more time?

To that end I don't think my comment that people should consider what they post publicly in light of that is out of order in any way.

You are entitled to your opinion. I think you are making a mountain out of, er, ... hmmm ... where are your examples?

Just to be 100% clear here, malicious communication does not have to be racially motivated, or involve threatening to kill people.

Unplug your mower before placing body parts in the blade/cutting area.
(as it appears to be statin' the bleeding' obvious time)

Kardhore is permanently banned as he's an alter-ego of another banned user who may or may not be a van driving resident of a famously open minded seaside resort.

I for one am gonna miss the kind of person who is so concerned about Muslims treating women badly they abuse any hijab wearers they see.
So long as they are alone.

Please do not defame Brighton.

Sorry. fwiw I like Brighton a lot. Many happy memories of attending a blues club there.

So where are your examples?

1. Seems like others seem to have picked the ball up with that.

2. Why am I obliged to provide you or anyone with examples of anything? I have to refer you back to the original statement.

On the subject of breathing, would you be offended if I admitted that I wouldn't be concerned if you didn't :)D)

( I should add that last statement was an oblique, loose, reference to Arkalll v Potsdam, and in fact, I do care that you continue to breath)

1. Seems like others seem to have picked the ball up with that.

If Merlin's posts are all you've got I'm embarrassed on your behalf.

Why am I obliged to provide you or anyone with examples of anything? I have to refer you back to the original statement.

Of course you aren't obliged.
But if you can't back up such a weak and wobbly post you risk appearing a citation or two short of a credible assertion.

On the subject of breathing, would you be offended if I admitted that I wouldn't be concerned if you didn't :)D)

Would you be offended if I advised you not to give up the day job? ;-)

Someone gets convicted under the malicious communication Act, I point out that people might want to consider the implications of that in light of how they post on a forum, and you want me to then provide all the examples of that? Really?

You seem to have a glitch in your capacity for verbal reasoning.

Still
Please do not defame Brighton
I know Brighton has it's problems but on the whole it is probable the most tolerant City in the Country, but even the citizens of Brighton would not tolerate the rubbish spouted by Kendo or support the insanity of this upper class moron
olde ( who has lived in Brighton for 30 years)

Sorry Kendo my heart felt apolgys due to a elderly moment and brain failure I typed the wrong moniker,:eek: it should of course have been Kardhore so once again please accept my Apolgys
oldie

Someone gets convicted under the malicious communication Act, I point out that people might want to consider the implications of that in light of how they post on a forum, and you want me to then provide all the examples of that? Really?

Not all the examples.
One example of a post on pfm of anything likely to be a prosecutable under the Malicious Communications Act would do just fine.
Otherwise it appears you have a nasty case of puddingus overeggious.

You seem to have a glitch in your capacity for verbal reasoning.

You seem to have a general lack of capacity for reasoning.

advertisement

Back