1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Aristocrat guilty over Gina Miller post

Discussion in 'off topic' started by HairyHaggis, Jul 11, 2017.

1. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis neither hairy nor a haggis!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40574754

it's appalling that anyone could think that the remarks which brought this case about could be even remotely acceptable in a civilised society. insular, abrasive and aggressive. i wonder which side of the referendum debate he was on. and what his political colours might be...

2. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

yes , some shocking comments on facebook sometimes so good to know its been dealt with .

3. fay spook

fay spook pfm Member

What a pr!ck. I am not normally someone to think people live in a different world but this scrote has proved that they do. Not a clever idea to target Gina Miller either.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Incitement to hatred and to violence. From the Tory establishment.

5. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

Wow, a few posts here could probably similarly qualify as malicious communications in that case. Glad he's been prosecuted, wish this happened far more often so people understood that the concept of free speech doesn't mean you can abuse people.

6. chebby

chebby pfm Member

The article says he faces a custodial sentence. I'll be suprised if he does.

Probably have the judge (and jury) horse-whipped if that happened.

7. TheDecameron

Hang on- it was tried in a Magistrates Court- can they impose prison sentences?

8. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

The aristocrat ****wit has been found guilty, but what is the sentence or is he still waiting for it? The linked article doesn't make it clear. They should lock him up for a while, that would wipe the smug grin off his face.

Jack

9. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Yes, up to six months for a single offence, up to twelve months for two or more.

10. TheDecameron

Please go ahead and retrieve the racist posts (calling for someone to be killed) of this calibre, you are alleging. Take your time.

11. TheDecameron

With the likes of Thomas Mair in circulation and vulnerable to incitement, perhaps the case needs referred to a higher court with the appropriate sentencing powers?

12. kendo

kendo gloominati

Rhodri Colwyn Philipps?
    Viscount St Davids ?
    Baron Strange de Knokyn?

Which one is his Tory name?

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I hope this serves as a warning to those only too willing to spout abuse, threats etc on the internet. Holding trolls to account is long overdue IMHO.

14. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Good to see justice being served. Gina Miller is a hero in my book.

15. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Whilst I don't like Gina Miller or what she did what she was subjected to was appalling.
    I hope he does go down for it, some of the language was unbelievable.
    Calling for someone to run her over and inflict harm.......pathetic man.

16. TPA

I'll give it a couple of days so you can make any edits if you need to, but then it's quite possible I may have run out of enough sh1t to give by then. :D

17. TheDecameron

She has also flushed out many of the racist, violent and misogynist views we've known are held just under the surface among the UKIP-Tory demographic. Dacre plays around the fringes of the same rhetoric- he knows his constituency well.

18. TheDecameron

You won't do anything, you'll quietly drop that one.
    What you appear to be doing is deflecting attention from one of your own political cast- not that I'm suggesting you could afford his wine bill or gain entry to the same social circles though.

19. TPA

Did you read my second sentence? I'm delighted with his conviction :confused:

And what on earth makes you think I have any interest in gaining entry to the social circles of an idiot like that? In fact I can't think of any social circles I want to join.

20. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Yes up to 6 months.