1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

ARC - Audio Reproduction Company ...

Discussion in 'classic' started by NRWler04, Oct 30, 2013.

1. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

Following the Nytech / ION - Systems Thread, I would like to open an own thread for the loudspeakers from ARC.

I know the ARC 050 and the ARC 102's playing in my living room. I know, there were more soeakers which still make a wonderfull noise ....

Maybe you have some information available what happend with the Company and what your experience are with the speakers.

Best regards from Germany

Ingo

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I bought a pair if 101s direct from the factory when they went bust in Manchester/Salford.

3. marcweck

marcweck New Member

Hello, it's a good idea.
    Like you, i've a pair of 050 and a pair of 102.
    I've lost the 102 crossover.
    I ise 102 in biamp with a nytech CTA 252 XDII and a CXA 252.

Best regards rom France

Christian

4. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

When was this?

5. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Blimey, i'll see if I still have the receipts, but off the top of my head trying to tie it in with house moves, some time between 1980 - 1984.

6. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

Today I've got some old Pictures from ARC ....

[​IMG]

I have a lot more old stuff available ......

7. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

[​IMG]

Thanks for providing the Pictures to Dr. Hubert GmbH ;)

8. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

Is it technology from yesterday or can it overlive today?

Still listening to this wonderfull noise. Yesterday I've got two new original Bass-chassis for my pair ARC 102 ....

Better then ever before:-:

9. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

Here are some Pictures of the Speakers ....

The ARC 050:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ARC 101:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The early ARC 202:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the ARC ATOM

[​IMG]

10. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

Spare Parts for the ARC 802 Driver ....

[​IMG]

First new ARC 050s in Baltic PlyWood makes quite wonderfull noise ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waiting now for the new OW1 or OW2 Tweeters .... not sure which are the right ones.

11. RustyB

RustyB Registered Ginga

OW1's can be used with no attenuation.

I wonder did ARC get that cast aluminium chassis made especially for them, i don't recognise it.

12. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

Yes, that's the ARC 802 Driver ...

Was used in the 050S, 102 & 202. You can see it in the above pictures. Pictures of the old Speakers are original ARC fotos out of the 80ties.

This are fotos of the Driver out of my ARC 102:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ARC 801 was the Steel Basket which was used in the 050 and the 101.

[​IMG]

The pictures in the last post, are original spare parts.

All original Specs are available:)

I have some crazy ideas in my mind ....:cool::D

13. RustyB

RustyB Registered Ginga

Interesting. I didn't know there was an 050S. Are there any other differences apart from the bass driver?

14. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

No, the baffle was a little bit different to carry the Aluminium Basket. You can see the Alu-Basket in the Spare-Part Foto.

Of course, different parts were used in the steel and cast basket.

The new ARC 050 will be a little bit wider ....;)

15. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

And this is the secret of the sound ....

May I introduce to you the ARC Cone:

[​IMG]

16. RustyB

RustyB Registered Ginga

Before doping...

17. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

Yes, with PlastiFlex 1200 ...

Do you know good replacement for this?

18. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Great info. My first intro to ARC 101 speakers was via my friends dads LP12 / CTA252 system a very long time ago.

Did Nytech do something with the ARC atom and rename it as something else - I'm sure I may have read this on PFM ?

James

PS - just found it on the Naim forum - the Ion JC1

19. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

The JC1 was an improved ARC Atom, that's what I know so far. It was developed by John Chapmann with support from Alistair Clarck.

The JC1 was a bass reflex speaker, what I know so far. The Atom was a sealed one.

The Driver was the little brother/sister of the ARC 802: ARC 502 .... Beginning of December I get one and will try to setup a new ARC 025 .... :cool:

Really interested how it will sound ....

20. NRWler04

NRWler04 pfm Member

From left to right:

- ARC 102
    - ARC 050s
    - ARC 025 - still under construction ....:D

[​IMG]