advertisement

Apple Enters the Streaming Fray

Tidal already does all the above. Lots of new upcoming artists with sections Tidal Discovery and Tidal Rising for newcomers. Its probably far more orientated to musicians than Apple ever will be and far better quality than 256kb to boot. Give it a whirl i say it runs of Google Chrome for HiFi but the lower bitrate options work from all browsers i believe.

Glad that a young extremely rich performer feels sorry for her poorer brethren. Perhaps she should donate some of her own wealth to help.

Apple have reversed their position, and have announced that they will now pay artists during the 3 month trial period. See here.

This looks good but apple said they would pay a higher rate to artists after the three months, I wonder what happens there now?

Tidal already does all the above. Lots of new upcoming artists with sections Tidal Discovery and Tidal Rising for newcomers. Its probably far more orientated to musicians than Apple ever will be and far better quality than 256kb to boot. Give it a whirl i say it runs of Google Chrome for HiFi but the lower bitrate options work from all browsers i believe.
I'm using the Tidal desktop programme on my Macbook and the app on my iPhone, both work great, decent quality FLAC's, easy to use, highly recommended

Glad that a young extremely rich performer feels sorry for her poorer brethren. Perhaps she should donate some of her own wealth to help.

Young artist whose income comes in quite a large part from iTunes and the like defends artists rights to be paid for their work. This has also benefitted other poorer artists. I wouldn't want to think this is any snobbery?? Did we hear much from the "older" artists much mentioned in the music pages here?

advertisement

Back