advertisement

Anybody going to Sound and Vision Bristol?

Mullardman

Moderately extreme...
Just booked rail tickets today for myself and a couple of others.. one is another 'Fishie'.

For me.. it's a nice day out. Gets me out of the house.. We old folk need a nice little trip out occasionally.... :D:D
Anyone else planning to go?

I keep thinking about it since the Manchester show was discontinued a number of years ago. I would probably make a week-end of it (wife would have to go shopping or site-seeing) but it always clashes with the 6 nations rugby which I keep pointing out to my local Audio-T staff but my pleas fall on deaf ears.

Split ticketing deal from Wigan ( West Coast mainline station close by) is about £40 for me.. what with me being old and having Senior Rail Cards etc. My young friends.. :):):) pay £60 ish.
And of course.. from Lancashire.. 'Bressoll' is nearly 'abroad'.... :)

I keep thinking about it since the Manchester show was discontinued a number of years ago. I would probably make a week-end of it (wife would have to go shopping or site-seeing) but it always clashes with the 6 nations rugby which I keep pointing out to my local Audio-T staff but my pleas fall on deaf ears.

Record the Rugby...

Easy.. :)

Planning to go on Saturday. Couple of hours by train from Southampton (with pre-booked seats - especially for the way back - coz the FGW train is too d@mn small and is always rammed!

Most likely will be there helping out somewhere, probably in the Mark-audio Sota room. See you all there.

I might go. It's easily walkable from here, and I get a student discount, but I'm not sure whether there'll be enough new stuff there to warrant the admission charge.

I am planning on going with my Dad and his best mate. We have been a few times in recent years and I was quite disappointed last year, so hopefully this year will be better.

Might go - it’s quite a long way for a day jaunt though.
Yes it is. I was actually looking for another driver :) If you fancy driving down to Bristol I'd be happy driving back up as I don't drink. Don't fancy driving for 6 hours but 3 hours each sharing a car would be good.

always go if i can and most certainly will be going this year . i take the train

thoroughly enjoyed the harbeth room and kudos room last year . the latter was exceptionally good

I'll be there on the Friday. It's only 80 minutes on the bus from here and it's such a pretty ride from the top deck of the Mendip Explorer. Bristol is always worth a day trip even without a hifi show. I've lived here for 17 years and I'm still discovering new things in Bristol.

This year I hope to see (hear) the iFi Audio Pro iDSD, the Focal Clear, the Pioneer XDP-20 and the Mark Audio SOTA Cesti MB. Hopefully there will be much else new as well. We shall see.

whats the Mark Audio SOTA Cesti MB?
It's a standmount speaker with a single Mark Audio driver.

http://www.markaudio-sota.com/products/speaker-series/cesti/cesti-mb/

MB_white_x.jpg

If you haven't done it yet, try Cranage - IMHO its the best UK commercial show at the moment. Its free too.

advertisement

Back