1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Love for the Jimi Hendrix Blues album on here ?

Discussion in 'music' started by Barry williams, Aug 13, 2017.

1. I normally listen to BBC 6 Music on a Sunday starting with Cerys .
    But its all HipHop related shows this afternoon after her show finished at 13:00 and i can't be doing with that.
    So i pulled my (Authorised Hendrix Family Edition) Jimi Hendrix Blues double 180g album out of the rack for its first play in a long time.
    [​IMG]
    The CD gets regular play but i had forgotten how good the LPs sound.:cool:

2. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Nice album. Not his best, 7/10 from me still well worth having.

3. lennyw

lennyw Still throwing Eephus pitches

Always been my favourite Hendrix "disc". According to the folks at the Steve Hofmann forum it sounds terrific on vinyl -- have just ordered one...

4. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Where from? Amazon are talking £85!!!

5. lennyw

lennyw Still throwing Eephus pitches

6. Fulci

Fulci pfm Member

Is this the one that has Hear my Train Coming acoustic?

7. rabidlistener

rabidlistener pfm Member

Yes thats the one. Only piece of acoustic Hendrix I believe.

Mike

8. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

Great album, although I've only got it on CD. Tempted...

9. Folkman

Folkman pfm Member

A great album and interestingly the only Alan Douglas produced one still listed by Experience Hendrix.

A great follow up was 'Voodoo Soup' , which stands head and shoulders in composition and sound balance above the later similar releases by Experience Hendrix.

10. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Wow - I picked up my vinyl copy for £9.99 from HMV online in November 2011.

11. Singslinger

Singslinger pfm Member

Yes, my favorite Hendrix track by far.

Brilliant album, by the way.

12. Fulci

Fulci pfm Member

Mine's Machine Gun from Band of Gipsies. Visceral and brutal song.

13. 1964meb

1964meb pfm Member

14. scottcarpenter

scottcarpenter pfm Member

Me too.

15. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Its only a repress of an earlier posthumous compilation which had just a few previously unreleased tracks. I have a copy on cassette somewhere, so not an essential for me compared to the originals

The acoustic "Hear My Train..." is from that Jimi" soundtrack album (I love the aside at the end ... "Bet you didn't think I could do that" on that album)

16. albireo

albireo pfm Member

Love it! The rendition of Albert King's Born under a bad sign in this album is out of this world..

17. Steve B

Steve B Member

Thank you for the thread Barry.
    Must Get this ordered, vinyl I think.