advertisement

Any electronics types near croydon...

Interzone

pfm Member
...cos I need your help.

I sold a pair of proac sc1s recently and the guy collected this morning only to call me and say one of the tweeters wasn't working and he was returning them. And correct he was but they were definitely working a week or so ago when I unplugged them.

Now of course there are 2 options; it the tweeter or the crossover and I was wondering if anyone nearby might pop over and have a look for me so I can decide on the best plan of action?

Any help greatly appreciated.

There is an easy little test you could perform yourself, you will need to remove the wires from the back of the tweeter and connect a AA or AAA dry cell battery across the terminals, an old battery from a remote is ideal for this application.

The + lead of the battery goes to the + on the speaker and the - of the battery to the - on the tweeter, but you should only briefly touch one of the battery leads to the tweeter terminal while leaving the other lead connected, if the tweeter is knackered it will remain silent, if it is a goog un you will hear a little pop/tik sound, but remember do not leave both leads from the battery connected to the tweeter terminals for any length of time :(

Paul

advertisement

Back