advertisement

Any clearaudio turntable owners..

jimmytwos

pfm Member
Hi, just curious as i recently picked up a performance dc. Literally amazed with the build and overall quality of the product. Doesn't seem to be much talk of clearaudio on forums. Is it just that they're not as well established as the known brands?

Anyways, the performance dc is currently in the main set up and its looking like the vintage xerxes is going... The clearaudio doesn't seem to have any sort of signature other than the discs it is presented with which im finding refreshing, and its super simple to use in that you set it up and thats that!

I have one of the original Emotions. Great deck with tight clear sound. I use it with Goldring 1042. It’s all Linn and Rega on this forum really so there wouldn’t be much feedback regarding your deck I think. I used to use Rega but find the sound of my Clearaudio less etched with less surface noise.

I too have an early Emotion, with a Dynavector 20x2 on it. Not sure that the cart is an ideal match, but it sounds great.

I’ve used an Emotion for the last 10 years. After breaking my last cartridge I bought a used Goldring 1012 as a stop gap, it’s still on there 2 years later, it sounds great to me.

Cheers BB

A few have gone in & out. Sonically always brilliant, but I always struggled to find peace with some sort of dust cover solution.
Which arm does your Performance have? Really fascinated with their magnetic bearings by the way, the make a huge difference!

A few have gone in & out. Sonically always brilliant, but I always struggled to find peace with some sort of dust cover solution.
Which arm does your Performance have? Really fascinated with their magnetic bearings by the way, the make a huge difference![/QUOTE

The arm is the verify, the magnetic bearing is strange at first, kind of like using a unipivot for the first time. The arm also has a cleaver system to adjust the tracking force via a knob on the back of the arm. Both arm and platter use magnetic bearings which makes the turntable quiet in use (low rumble).
I purchased a dust cover off eBay which works well which was about £45.

Had a Champion level 2 with the Unify arm,deck was fine but never got on with the arm.

I had a Champion 2 and Unify arm. If GJO got his from Emporium, that was the one. Great deck but the arm drifted alarmingly on lowering, presumably due to be an undamped unipivot. Excellent built quality.

Mine was ex dem from Walrus about 2004,from memory the lift/lower arm was undamped and cueing was a right PITA.

It’s all Linn and Rega on this forum really so there wouldn’t be much feedback regarding your deck I think.

Really? I thought this forums users had a wide range of turntables.
I for one have three, none of which are Linn or Rega (excepting one tonearm)

advertisement

Back