advertisement

Another mains fuse hits the streets

I find my hifi just uses a plug socket on the wall. I have no idea what the technicalities are except that everything has been tested.

The talk earlier about electricians felt a bit flakey to me. I couldn’t care less about what crap people believe in but I’d never put the safety of myself & family at risk for a supposed lift in sound quality.

These audiophile fuses are probably safe but they just prey on the gullible.

Who on earth would value there own life and those close to them over improved audio sound ?! You're clearly not an audiophile 🫤

I find my hifi just uses a plug socket on the wall. I have no idea what the technicalities are except that everything has been tested.
You seemed to be damning installations you don't understand, but maybe previous posts might prove to be a learning curve assuming some interest, of course. I know little about so called 'audiophile fuses' for 13 A plugs but have no interest as I don't have any plugs (or their sockets) on my system.

You`ll be saying you spend most of your time listening to music next.
Unbelievably that is mostly true, I also do a fair bit of cycling & walking. Perhaps the latter gives me less time to fret about audio nirvana?

‘Normal’ people enjoy music without spending tens of thousands, who knew?

Then again I’m about to spend a lot of money on a bike that will make me no faster or fitter so what do I know?

You seemed to be damning installations you don't understand, but maybe previous posts might prove to be a learning curve assuming some interest, of course. I know little about so called 'audiophile fuses' for 13 A plugs but have no interest as I don't have any plugs (or their sockets) on my system.
I genuinely could not care less. My overall point is that people defy all logic when it comes to some perceived ‘upgrade’.

You need 3000 wet and dry followed by jewellers paste and then isopropyl before inspecting with a loop, brasso is for fire pokers o_O
Brasso works used liberally to remove the coating on Bussmann fuses. Then make sure the direction is correct starting with the B, Then use alcohol to remove the Brasso and Kontak to remove the isopropyl. The same applies to the socket. using expensive tapered pipe cleaners. You only have to do it once.:)

advertisement

Back