advertisement

Another Kii THREE thread.

What? From an 8" drive unit Keith? Really?

From what I see these Kii's are only offering the cardioid response from 200hz upwards. I'm not aware of any real problems that haven't already been addressed by positioning and wave guides above there but I'm sure they are distinctive sounding. Don't think I'll be dumping the Gerbils just yet though :)

No, the Kiis claim cardioid response from 80hz.
And yes, they go to 20 hz. I've measured it in my room, and published measurements done for reviews also show it. I also get useable response at 10hz in my room. What you seem to miss is that since they don't work like a conventional speaker, the woofers can fire with greater extension than they could with a conventional speaker and not distort because of the bespoke amp and DSP control.

As far as your previous claim that:

Most of them will never have heard a proper pair of pro monitors in their lives.

If they had, I rather suspect they might have flipped at the figure quoted for the Kii's but then hey, I wouldn't really want either (although the 708's are mildly of interest for the restaurant - not sure of the weatherproofing though.)

Hey I'm sure the Kii's are thoroughly decent loudspeakers and Keith is a thoroughly decent bloke who will give great service. I'm just pointing out that they aren't so much revolutionary as much as a domestic evolution of pro monitor/pa tech that's priced for the domestic market.

Are you not aware that one of the main markets for the Kiis are real pros who use them for mixing? Read the reviews in the pro audio magazines where experienced pros say they are the best monitor they've heard, and result in mixes that "travel" better than any they've done on other well known pro monitors, including some of the ones mentioned here.

advertisement

Back