advertisement

Another Kii THREE thread.

The Kiis don’t use room correction, they use an ingenious delayed cross over to create a cardioid response , the Dutch&Dutch 8Cs create a cardioid response too but theirs is based on cabinet design .
Keith

Many PA speakers use DSP to alter directivity (particularly at the crossover point) in order to alter the image perception across larger audiences Keith. In addition, JBL use a waveguide on their bass units in some ranges. Bloody cheap too. Cardioid response Subwoofer systems are available too for not a lot of money. It's not as revolutionary as it might seem Keith.

I know Mike, cardioid dispersion is not new, but when you combine that with relatively compact loudspeakers which are completely full range , which create their dispersion from 8oHz, which are fully adjustable for placement , bass and treble controls and in the case of the 8Cs room EQ no other commercially available loudspeakers come close apart from the £61k Beolabs.
Keith

I know Mike, cardioid dispersion is not new, but when you combine that with relatively compact loudspeakers which are completely full range , which create their dispersion from 8oHz, which are fully adjustable for placement , bass and treble controls and in the case of the 8Cs room EQ no other commercially available loudspeakers come close apart from the £61k Beolabs.
Keith
23754698_10155848496549076_4082177378771294148_n.jpg

LSR708i%2BSpin.gif

Hmmm. LSR 708
  • 2-channel Class-D amplifier HF 250W / LF 250W
  • 192 kHz 32-bit floating point processing
  • 12 bands of Room EQ, 8 Bands of User EQ
  • 6 factory presets, 6 user-defined presets
  • 18 milliseconds of Room Delay, 150 milliseconds of AV Sync Delay
  • Patent Pending Wave Control Guide (as on M2)
£2,300

Graphs and stats don't tell us how they sound. I'm sure the JBL's are good for the price, as are the powered KEF LS50/ When you find me the people who are selling their Kii's and buying those JBL's, let me know.....

It is a shame Kii never produced their own measurements ,I asked them often enough, they might have rebutted the bass distortion figures from the very first ‘Audio’ test.
Keith

You can insult a man’s wife but never his Hi-Fi, that’s rule one of being a HiFi dealer, oh no wait a minute rule one is that you should never compare products you sell, rule two is ...
Keith

I did wonder :)

Oh come on now. You are the ATC Fanboy-in-Chief baying for blood ever since Keith had the audacity to suggested your speakers might be outgunned by the pesky Kii's.

It’s Keith that suffers from sour grapes. I was interested in some Kii Threes. He offered to sell me a pair. I made other arrangements to listen to the Kiis. I bought some ATCs, and said why I preferred them. Keith is a belligerent and pushy dealer who attacks other members on here gratuitously. His own opinions and statements deserve critical scrutiny, and rarely survive it.

BTW, have you heard either the Kiis or ATCs?

Very mischievous resurrecting that post S-Man. Andy U will be 'squirming like a toad' ;)

That was not my intention. I was just amused at the similarity of Keiith's absolute faith in the DDs to the hyperbole used in the promotion of ADM40s by the manufacturer a couple of years back.

It’s Keith that suffers from sour grapes. I was interested in some Kii Threes. He offered to sell me a pair. I made other arrangements to listen to the Kiis. I bought some ATCs, and said why I preferred them. Keith is a belligerent and pushy dealer who attacks other members on here gratuitously. His own opinions and statements deserve critical scrutiny, and rarely survive it.

Hmm, I thought you had ATC's long before the Kii's were launched. Appols if I'm mistaken. I'd certainly never describe Keith as belligerent and never seen him attack anyone on here. On the contrary, I find his posting style quite playful but he certainly knows how to push certain peoples buttons. :)

BTW, have you heard either the Kiis or ATCs?
I've heard ATC's plenty of times but never heard the Kii's. Was hoping they'd be at Windsor this year but alas not. I like the look of the 8C's and even the 8M's tbh, which allow for sub integration.

Graphs and stats don't tell us how they sound. I'm sure the JBL's are good for the price, as are the powered KEF LS50/ When you find me the people who are selling their Kii's and buying those JBL's, let me know.....

:D

Most of them will never have heard a proper pair of pro monitors in their lives.

If they had, I rather suspect they might have flipped at the figure quoted for the Kii's but then hey, I wouldn't really want either (although the 708's are mildly of interest for the restaurant - not sure of the weatherproofing though.)

Hey I'm sure the Kii's are thoroughly decent loudspeakers and Keith is a thoroughly decent bloke who will give great service. I'm just pointing out that they aren't so much revolutionary as much as a domestic evolution of pro monitor/pa tech that's priced for the domestic market.

geithain was the first as far as i know to offer active cardioid pro speakers. kii tgree are not revolutionary in any way id agree, but the kii and geithain and the dutchanddutch are the only pro speakers that offer cardioid response. in that way merlin, those 3 companies are not like any other other pro speakers.nobody else offer cardioid response

:D

Most of them will never have heard a proper pair of pro monitors in their lives.

If they had, I rather suspect they might have flipped at the figure quoted for the Kii's but then hey, I wouldn't really want either (although the 708's are mildly of interest for the restaurant - not sure of the weatherproofing though.)

Hey I'm sure the Kii's are thoroughly decent loudspeakers and Keith is a thoroughly decent bloke who will give great service. I'm just pointing out that they aren't so much revolutionary as much as a domestic evolution of pro monitor/pa tech that's priced for the domestic market.

Have a look at some of the feedback on the Kii Three at Dutch & Dutch 8c from Gearslutz. That audience is made up almost entirely of audio professionals.

Have a look at some of the feedback on the Kii Three at Dutch & Dutch 8c from Gearslutz. That audience is made up almost entirely of audio professionals.
yes
but most that I know of that have worked/own with big ATC do not claim that the Kii three replaced their mains. Kii three are nearfield/mid field and wont have the same image size nor bass capabilities of big mains.
that said, some seem to have migrated from big mains to strictly working with Kii three
would love to hear a pair of Geithain or Kii three but its just way out of my budget. in another life maybe

Geithain arriving in the next few weeks, the Musikelectronic speakers create a cardioid response for lower bass only, it should be interesting to compare Kii, Geithain and Dutch&Dutch,
Btw all Dutch&Dutch models have ‘sub’ outs and the software allows for perfect integration, they don’t actually need a sub in terms of bass extension but D&Ds designer believes they are useful to smooth room response.
Keith

advertisement

Back