advertisement

Another Kii THREE thread.

badger748

Former bacon enthusiast
So, a certain dealer, who for a year has rammed the Kii THREE down our throats on this forum, seems to then stop crowing about them, instead starts posting about the Dutch & Dutch 8C ...hmmm.

And is selling his demo pair.
And it not listed as a dealer on the Kii website.

All very mysterious.........

Might not "another 'a certain dealer' bashing thread" be a more appropriate topic?

Julf - we are subjected to constant posts about this speaker for 12 months - being repeated told how good it is, and then it all stops and another product starts getting promoted.
I asked a simple question why?
Mind you we had Allnic, Spiral Groove, SPEC, etc etc all thrown at us as well, until the certain dealer stopped selling them
As i have always said - the best products are the ones he sells !

I’ve no axe to grind either way, but I did notice a post from said dealer that the Kii price had just gone up by £3k, so that might be part of the reason

As i have always said - the best products are the ones he sells !

In that respect he differs not one jot from any other dealer.

I will say this about the Kii3s: I went to hear them given all of the hype on here and left the dem wondering how the hell I was going to be able to afford them. For me they were a paradigm shift in home hi-fi reproduction and not eye-wateringly expensive when you consider no amps, Dacs needed etc.
Sounds like I've already convinced myself to buy them...
My own ears did that, not the dealer's.

we have lost a number of dealers who no longer post i.e coherent , rfc fidelity and others . it would be sad to silence keith who like others post vigorously on the forums and make it a lively place to be . we need their expertise and input so hopefully we can have a balanced discussion re these matters

Coherent and lively: yes please. Massive quantities of spam: no thank you.

Nobody forces you to read his posts.

Nobody forces anybody to be part of this community.
But as we all are, and this is a discussion forum, debate seems virtually inevitable.

In that respect he differs not one jot from any other dealer.

But unlike those other dealers whose shilling is rarely called out, he has the audacity to challenge audio fool dogma and belief systems. This seems to upset those with a nervous disposition.

we need their expertise and input so hopefully we can have a balanced discussion re these matters

Contradiction in terms Phil. How exactly do you have a balanced discussion with someone who has specific commercial interests???

Might be just me but they can all get to **** offa forums and wait to be called. Expertise, don't make me laugh.

Nobody forces anybody to be part of this community.
But as we all are, and this is a discussion forum, debate seems virtually inevitable.

Indeed. But if there is a specific poster you really detest, you can set that person to "ignore" and never again see anything by him/her, instead of spamming us with complaints.

Indeed. But if there is a specific poster you really detest, you can set that person to "ignore" and never again see anything by him/her, instead of spamming us with complaints.

istm you still haven't quite grasped the concept of a discussion forum.
Which coincidentally could equally be said of Kieth!

But unlike those other dealers whose shilling is rarely called out, he has the audacity to challenge audio fool dogma and belief systems. This seems to upset those with a nervous disposition.
Only because it fits with his latest sales pitch, let's see where he stands in 2 yrs time probably back selling valves and horns:rolleyes:

Might not "another 'a certain dealer' bashing thread" be a more appropriate topic?

It is unequivocally true that Purite Audio is no longer listed as either a professional or hifi dealer on the Kii website.

It is unequivocally true that he is selling his demo pair of Kiis on here.

It is unequivocally true that he has said on Gearslutz:

puriteaudio said:
You must compare to Dutch&Dutch 8Cs they use a different method but their cardioid response is perhaps more effective, they are slightly larger speakers, 32kg each ad three 8” drivers two on rear, they are exceptional.
Keith

What’s your problem?

BTW although I got scorned when I reported my experience of the Kiis as having no bass, it now turns out that it is not unknown for them to power up out of phase with each other, so maybe my experience was valid. The hype fest of preposterous exaggeration and half-truths we have been subject to on here does the speakers and their designer a disservice.

advertisement

Back