advertisement

An idea I had...

CJ1045

You want Briks with that?
Over the past couple of months I have bought a few Linn Basiks primarily for their lids and arms for LP12 packages that I was selling. They are now taking up space so I thought I would try and sell them:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110501344555&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

You would not believe the numbers of e-mails I have had about them. Most from people who cannot believe the deal. I am getting 5-10 e-mails a day. Compare that to some other items where I get very few. I will be suprised if they last the weekend.

Conclusion:
There is a massive potential market for big name brand deck at a super low price. Do you think Linn were right to cease production? Is there an opportunity for them to reenter the market ? Are you getting inquiries from customers?

CJ

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've noticed lately that you have been involved with the purchase & selling of LP12's. Have you captured some gap in the market?

I think that the Linn name equals quality turntables for a lot of buyers. However, a lot of people see £2000 for the entry level LP12 as way too much. Most of the LP12s I sell are less than £1000 with a similar spec to the Majik and they are very popular. In the few days I advertised the Basik deck for £99 I had about 30 inquiries. I have a couple of Axis to sell as well so we will see how they do. One thing that ebay gives you that a 'real' dealer does not have is the visible feedback from previous customers. Quite a few people that have bought from me don't like the traditional dealer experience.

CJ

Hi CJ - the Kans are doing great by the way - a full strip down and rebuild is in progress.

A 'real' dealer that uses Ebay (usually for traded in items) is UHES in Stroud.

I've found them to easily equal or better any dealer I've used in the past, and they offer the great second hand selection of traded in items every few weeks or so on the bay.

They are Linn / Naim dealers and have to my knowledge, all the items in the respective ranges on permanent demo in a real house environment.

Regards
Richard

advertisement

Back