advertisement

Amp advice

Geoffreybombom

pfm Member
I need an amp for my office/ workroom, many years ago I owned a NAD3020, it was very good smooth and warm, then I got a A&R aA60 as it was considered one up from the NAD, so it proved, wonderful mid band, so my question is, what is one up from the A60? Need to maintain that warm,smooth, velvety sound. Any help welcome.

Incatech Claymore - had one with some Heybrook HB2s for a while - bloody amazing thing, and a big step up from the NAD 3120 I had.

Also a fan of the Creek mentioned above, but the Claymore would definitely get my vote if you can find a good one

Incatech Claymore - had one with some Heybrook HB2s for a while - bloody amazing thing, and a big step up from the NAD 3120 I had.

Also a fan of the Creek mentioned above, but the Claymore would definitely get my vote if you can find a good one
I've always wanted a Claymore. Even love the name.

Just picked up a Claymore via local Gumtree, well worth the hours drive and £75 paid - boxed with paperwork in fine nick and sounding fab into ProAc bookshelves, good shout as a move from the A&R 60.

I used a Rogers A75 as a step up from the original NAD 3020, I’d add the Rogers A100 or a newer Arcam before the DIVA/FMJ stuff to the list.

I used HB2 on their stands with RD80/A75Mk2/T75Mk2 - I keep half an eye open for both in good nick but not managed to blag either yet, think the HB2 suffer surround rot though.

Just picked up a Claymore via local Gumtree, well worth the hours drive and £75 paid - boxed with paperwork in fine nick and sounding fab into ProAc bookshelves, good shout as a move from the A&R 60.

I used a Rogers A75 as a step up from the original NAD 3020, I’d add the Rogers A100 or a newer Arcam before the DIVA/FMJ stuff to the list.

I used HB2 on their stands with RD80/A75Mk2/T75Mk2 - I keep half an eye open for both in good nick but not managed to blag either yet, think the HB2 suffer surround rot though.
That's an absolute bargain for a Claymore - a real piece of British audio history 👍

re the HB2s, you are quite right, the woofer surround perished in pretty short order - easy to get kits now, not so much 30 odd years ago. Mine finally died when my sister borrowed them for a party and blew both tweeters - still feel surprisingly angry about it....

I traded my HB2 in for some Tannoys a very long time go, they were my first proper hifi speakers still have a soft spot for them.

Few pics of the Claymore in my office system.

advertisement

Back