1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amount of Irony in the Internet Approaches Critical Mass

Discussion in 'off topic' started by matthewr, Mar 5, 2012.

1. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

2. matthewr

Gah, please fix my thread title typo Moderator Petrik!

3. matthewr

4. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Matthew,

What do you want me to change it to? Click here for Booblar pix?

(Though I suppose that's technically not fixing a thread title typo.)

Joe

5. Blzebub

Blzebub Banned

Number of irony?

6. matthewr

Someone beat you to it Joe. Probably Marcus -- he's as sharp as a tack that one.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I got it coz I can do teh spellings.

8. Joe P

Matthew,

No Booblar of Borg pix, then?

I iz teh sad.

Joe

9. zener

zener fluff

Does "irony" have a mass , if so could that Cox geezer do a BBC programme about it , starting from its formation just after the big bang.

10. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

11. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

Cheer up, Joe:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Joe P

Kasper,

Using the Vulcan discipline of Kolinahr I have removed all traces of disappointment over the absence of Booblar pix in this thread.

Joe

13. matthewr

[​IMG]

14. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

It didn't work for me. I must search elsewhere for my answer.

15. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Now...where is that picture?
    [​IMG]
    Hang on. Wrong boobs.
    [​IMG]
    That's better.

16. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

HAY! Who ordered the Borg?
    We're plain outta Booblars so chef fixed up a pony for ya.

[​IMG]

17. Still

Still gyldengourd

A former member of Hungary's far-Right Jobbik party, known for its anti-Semitic rhetoric, who recently discovered having Jewish origins, is under pressure to resign as an MEP.
    Csanad Szegedi, a member of the European parliament and regional leader of Jobbik, said he learned "not long ago that I had parents of Jewish origins, that's the big news."
    His grandmother was a survivor of Auschwitz and his frandfather a forced labour camp veteran.

Since admitting his roots, he has resigned from his party.
    Last week Jobbik asked for him to give up his seat in the European Parliament. They insist however that alleged bribery is at the heart of them asking him to leave, rather than his Jewish roots.
    In a recording from 2010, Mr Szegedi is allegedly congronted with evidence of his roots. Upon hearing the news, Mr Szegedi offers money in exchange for keeping quiet.
    Mr Szegedi has insisted while a conversation took place, the tape was altered.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...th-Jewish-roots-under-pressure-to-resign.html

18. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

These Jobbieks, are they Daves new friends in Brussels?

19. Still

Still gyldengourd

Is it wrong to hope Nick Griffin has a Pakistani Great Grandfather?

20. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

am I mistaken or was there not some indian dancing at the closing ceremonies?

[​IMG]

it looked way more impressive than just about any of the olympic competition so that guy who complained about it schools was like so wrong.

vuk.