advertisement

America doesn’t learn

I forgot one: This will be a much-needed infusion of cash into the woefully underfunded public school system.

Joe

Due to the totally reasonable need to bare assault rifles the obvious solution is to ban schools.

Broward County Sheriff - Peterson ,the security officer should have "Went in ,addressed the killer ,killed the killer" hand gun against assault rifle! would have been another innocent death.

Am I the only one with sympathy for the deputy with a handgun who was expected to go in alone against an unknown number of attackers with an unknown number of known automatic rifles?

Mik_rik beat me to it!

Am I the only one with sympathy for the deputy with a handgun who was expected to go in alone against an unknown number of attackers with an unknown number of known automatic rifles?

Mik_rik beat me to it!

Nope, nothing like getting taken out long before you are in effective range.
All he hears is rifle fire, no idea on how many etc etc
Dude would still have been browning his pants even if in full tactical.

Mik_rik beat me to it!

the pro gunners are gonna argue that the deputy should have an assault rifle to match the attacker's.

the pro gunners are gonna argue that the deputy should have an assault rifle to match the attacker's.
Some legally own 50cals and unless I am mistaken even rpg's ,fancy having to match someone intent on murder armed with this sort of fire power.The sad thing is,once the shooting stopped,the timer to the next one started .

..it’s not as if there are any innocent kids around to get caught in the crossfire of bullets capable of going through walls.....

What if the deputy had gone in & killed the shooter after some of the children were shot & at autopsy it was found that one of the children was killed by a bullet from the deputy's gun?
How do you think this would be received?

I agree that one person with a pistol is going to be at a deadly disadvantage trying to close with and shoot a person with an assault rifle. He'll probably lose something like 9 out of 10 times, or worse. What you want is SWAT guys, with smoke/gas grenades, gas masks, and assault rifles of their own. And you want at least 3 or 4 of them. A team like that would have decent odds of getting the guy without one of them getting shot.

So, we don't want armed teachers. We want a SWAT team in every school. So let's say we do that. Surprise! Suddenly the trend is crazy killers shooting up churches.

If the solution is SWAT teams, we're going to need them in schools, in churches, at theaters, concert halls, stadiums, in all our workplaces, restaurants, nightclubs, malls, parks, and in the residential areas.

Doesn't sound workable. Trying sounds like a way to turn society into a prison, all gates and checkpoints and guards.

I favor

1) making it harder for crazy killers to get guns, and the more deadly the gun the harder.

2) working harder to find crazy killers before they go off, and intervene.

3) Working tremendously hard to build a decent society characterized first and foremost by loving kindness, where the situations that twist people into crazy killers are abated, not fueled, by the prevalent memes and norms.

advertisement

Back