advertisement

America doesn’t learn

The gun lobby says that it’s people that kill not guns. In that case the obvious solution is to stop letting people get hold of guns. But we all know that’s not going to happen.

You need to understand that America isn't governed like a country. It's a for-profit business, where money and graft trump the welfare of the citizens and guns and for-profit healthcare are very profitable. Sprinkle in a liberal dose of propaganda, anti-intellectualism and a general underfunding of public education and you are witnessing the results.

Given how hard working, resourceful, and generally friendly Americans are it's a tragedy that the country has ended up like this.

The NRA and gun business know that the outrage will subside more quickly each time as the new normal becomes exactly that. USA is violent externally and internally under a facade of gratuitous 'Christianity'. It will get worse under Dotard who thinks Norwegians would queue up to emigrate there. That was 100 years ago :rolleyes: when USA really was great. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Here’s how Trump replied to the anguished letter from a 7-year-old girl who’d lived through a school shooting - from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

“Schools are places where children learn and grow with their friends. Their halls should be free of fear,” the letter read. “It is my goal as President to make sure that children in America grow up in safe environments, giving them the best opportunity to realize their full potential. I will continue to focus on protecting Americans and improving the safety of our Nation.

“Mrs. Trump and I hold you close in our hearts,” it continued. “We hope you always remember that no matter what may happen, there are so many people in your life who love you, support you, and want to see you fulfill all your dreams.”

The note made her feel better, at least for a few days, before she started to think more about it.

“He didn’t say how he could keep kids safe,” Ava told her mom.

It's the usual MO of sending out platitudes but doing nothing to try and solve the problem. Nothing about clamping down on gun ownership or the NRA's ridiculous hold on the country.

What a Dotard.

The right to bear arms has been around forever - literally in the US - yet no President has ever really made inroads into repealing it. They are all in the pockets of the NRA etc. and realise what political folly it would be to fight against the tide. Trump is getting it with both barrels (pardon the pun) because, well he is Trump, but blame should lie at every President who allowed it to slip by for an easy life.

Too many politicians bought by NRA money... They know there are serious issues, but it’s also clear they don’t give 2 shits...

Leave them to it I’d say, nothing can be done, nothing can be said to change their ways, so why waste oxygen on them

Incredible isn't it, this happens, and people are shouting about how *more guns* and armed school guards are the solution to this problem, and the obligatory thoughts & prayers of course.

Why is there even a thread about this?

As evidenced by it's lack of desire for gun controls, the USA as a society has shown that it doesn't care about it's innocent children being murdered. So why should we?

A few options on the way forward for America.
Bans guns
Ban automatic weapons
Ban semi-automatic weapons
Make gun carrying compulsory for everyone over 15 so they can defend themselves.

My money says they will pick the last one.
Its a ****ed up country.

advertisement

Back