1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amcron D150

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by hifi_dave, Dec 3, 2009.

1. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

I've got an Amcron D150 which is a USA version and I want to convert it to GB voltage. I believe that the voltage taps to do this are behind the front panel but I can't get it off !!!

I have the manual (thanks DSJR) but it doesn't actually say how to remove the front panel. I have removed every likely screw but still can't budge the front.

What am I doing wrong ?

Help please.:)

2. ClaraBannister

ClaraBannister pfm Member

Has it got handles for rack mounting? If so, I assume you've removed them as well as the other screws. There are several full service manuals to download, but they seem to give the impression that everything can be done by taking off the top and bottom of the case.

3. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

If it has an "Amcron" badge then it was made for export markets, in the US domestic market these amps are sold as "Crown".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the rack ear adapters have to come off before the front panel can be removed. I'd try to find a back door access to that part of the circuit.

4. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

Yes, it has got rack mount bracket thingys but removing those and every other screw I can see, the front panel still doesn't come off. All I can think, is that the front is held on with corroosion or (maybe) heat-sink compund as I have found with some other amps. I have also removed the rear cover over the transformer but couldn't find any entry to the tags there.

My amp is a 'Crown' and is a D150 not the 150A with pots.

5. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

It's been several decades since I've seen one of these and sadly I have no memory at all of how the insides are accessed.

6. ClaraBannister

ClaraBannister pfm Member

This was the site with the service manuals, some of which are quite comprehensive. It might be worth taking a look.