advertisement

Alps blue 22k balance pot

Geoffreybombom

pfm Member
I need to swop the balance pot on my A&RA60, it’s a 22k alps 413n, any advice on which Alps blue to buy from HiFi Collective? Thank you.

A guy in here has TKD pot for sale much better than Alps. HiFi Collective sell these as new also.

You would ideally need something that is 22K Linear - Stereo (Dual). More likely to source a 10K, 25K or 50k lin pot in my experience.
Not a log pot which is for the volume.

Back in the day - Maplins (no longer) stocked a decent-ish 22k. Give HiFi Collective a call - they are very good but can be expensive. Excellent quality parts.

Less good quality - Omeg might have something that suits but I have never tried them.

If using a different value, you might have to solder in a resistor between the wiper and ground on each side eg pair of 5K resistor on a 10K pot. You will loose a bit of the range but probably OK.

If you do replace the pot - you will almost certainly have to cut off the shaft to match it up with the other tuning knobs.

I would just clean it with Servisol - turn it back and forth few times and have another listen.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back