advertisement

AI-generated descriptions, lazy sellers?

VanDerGraaf

pfm Member
I am finding this really disconcerting. Listing after listing which have descriptions of the gear that sounds like something from a 1980s discount electrical warehouse.

Interesting gear too- I can't believe people are so so lazy that they take the auto-generated AI text option every time.

I've been reading ebay listing descriptions for years, this sort of vapid bot rubbish has only come on my radar recently. It surely isn't my imaginatiom.

What do you think?

Embarrasingly shite Audiolab 8000m description

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I am finding this really disconcerting. Listing after listing which have descriptions of the gear that sounds like something from a 1980s discount electrical warehouse.

Interesting gear too- I can't believe people are so so lazy that they take the auto-generated AI text option every time.

I've been reading ebay listing descriptions for years, this sort of vapid bot rubbish has only come on my radar recently. It surely isn't my imaginatiom.

What do you think?

Embarrasingly shite Audiolab 8000m description

Agreed, it's pish. I listed a couple of things on eBay this weekend and immediately deleted the AI word salad it proposed!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I tried it on a couple of listings just out of curiosity. It's absolute rubbish and I'm pretty sure would turn potential buyers away.
Exactly- when I read this stuff it makes me feel (rightly or wrongly) that the person selling doesn't care about their gear, which in turn leads to doubts about how well they cared for it in their ownership.

I can well understand trying the AI option out when selling.

What I can't understand is seeing the awful pound shop results, and thinking, "Yep, that'll do.for seeling my £2k amp/streamer" etc.

We're slowly sinking to the lowest common denominator I think, not questioning what the computer says or using initiative. When I'm selling gear on eBay I tend to say I'm a hi fi enthusiast of many years and reassure the potential buyer all is genuine, which of course it is.

I'd stay a mile away from an AI description.

advertisement

Back