advertisement

Advice on Audio Note Amps please.

Simonms

Hi All, and Happy Xmas!

Lets start with my speakers-Klipsch Belles and source WT Super (will be adding a DAC at a later date).

I have been re furbing my speakers this year and am still waiting for the cross overs to arrive from the US (they have been in transit for 2 weeks so should be soon). I can't try amps out until the speakers are up and running and have found locally some Audio Note P-Zero monoblocks and an M-one pre which I could purchase for a total of £600.

They have not been serviced and I did like them through the sellers Rogers LS6? speakers-very bassy on those but obviously is no pointer on what they would sound like on the Belles.

So is £600 a reasonable price for them? (am thinking of re sale if they don't knit with the speakers). If I was to add other Audio Note kit such as a DAC and CD player what should I look out for?Can these amps be improved with tweakery, different valves or mods?

Just looking for some advice as I have never used Audio Note kit before.

Many Thanks Si.

The amps are from the budget end of the Audio Note range and gel well with their budget Z series speakers, I would save for something better.

The amps are from the budget end of the Audio Note range and gel well with their budget Z series speakers, I would save for something better.

Cheers Muzzer,

...there was also a pair of Leak tl12 monos there that look tempting too at £300.

Thanks again

It's a good price for the AN kit and will sound pretty good but I would save some more and go for a decent valve integrated to do justice to that front end you have.
Maybe 2nd hand Leben CS300, Audio Note Oto SE or Icon Audio Stereo 40 mk3.
AN kit can sound fantastic but you need to spend a bit to get the really good stuff.

advertisement

Back