advertisement

Adding RCA phono inputs to an NAC72

mach1

I own an NAC72 with BNC phono inputs. I also run a fairly up market Exposure system, and own a few other hi end phono preamps with RCA inputs. Hence my reluctance to convert my turntable outputs to BNCs.

There appears to be enough real estate on the NAC72 back panel to wire a set of RCA phono inputs in parallel with the BNCs, thus enabling a choice between connectors.

Are there any potential flaws with my proposal? Would I be better of with totally dispensing with the BNC inputs and replacing them with RCAs?

Thanks in advance for your expert feedback.

Replacing the BNC with a phono socket is pretty non invasive and can be returned to standard . I'd be reluctant to start drilling the back of the chassis.

There are adaptors too but the golden eared will tell us thats a bad suggestion :D

Replacing the BNC with a phono socket is pretty non invasive and can be returned to standard . I'd be reluctant to start drilling the back of the chassis.

There are adaptors too but the golden eared will tell us thats a bad suggestion :D

Exactly what he said!

I replaced the bnc connectors on my 62 with RCAs fifteen years ago and haven't regretted it for a moment.

I swapped the BNCs for RCAs on my old 32.5, easily done and easily replaced when I moved it on.

advertisement

Back