advertisement

[FS] Active AE 1s

I really don't want to resort to EBay. So £500 which I think is a bargain considering thy have been checked out and packed by AE.
This is why I don't have photos as I don't want to unpack them. Unmarked as new.

Can I ask why they needed to be sent back to AE for testing?
I sold them on here for £600 and the buyer reported a buzzing from one speaker. I refunded him and asked him to post them to AE.
AE sent me this email:

“Dear Mark

Our engineers have had the AE1 Actives on soak test and after replacing a rubber grommet have found them to be working to spec.

There is no charge for the work carried out, just a £12 charge for the return postage, I’ve attached an invoice for this along with methods of payment.

Please let me know if you need any further information, otherwise we’ll get these returned as soon as payment is made.”

Really great customer care!

Hi Dreamer

I can confirm the situation above. I was the buyer and I was happy with them in all other respects, couldn't believe something as trivial as a missing rubber grommet could have caused the issue. I found another pair of AE1 actives whilst this pair were back with Acoustic Energy. Mark was absolutely superb to deal with and the AE1 actives are excellent speakers. Buy with confidence.

Cheers

George

Hi Dreamer

I can confirm the situation above. I was the buyer and I was happy with them in all other respects, couldn't believe something as trivial as a missing rubber grommet could have caused the issue. I found another pair of AE1 actives whilst this pair were back with Acoustic Energy. Mark was absolutely superb to deal with and the AE1 actives are excellent speakers. Buy with confidence.

Cheers

George
Thank-you George.

advertisement

Back