advertisement

Acrylic cleaner/ polish.

mikegreenwood

pfm Member
I have used Brasso and the likes in the past with some success. Anyone got a recommendation. I've not used a polishing disc, as on a drill, but giving it some thought.
Not talking heavy scratching, more swirl's and discoloration. Or is it better to go for a new cover. That would work but does not clean my acrylic turntable when the time comes.

I don't think Brasso is what it used to be: I got excellent results with an old tin I had at the back of a cupboard, new tin not so good.

I had better results with this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009DHE0HK/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This was as a last treatment after sanding out deep scratches. Still isn't like new, but I think another go, with a cotton cloth (I used a microfibre one) might have done it.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Novus plastic polish is good. If there are no big scratches you would only need to use polishes 1 & 2.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I use Xerapol plastic polish, a scratch remover for Acrylic and plexiglass. A German product.

Bloss

Any of the plastic polishes are good but I particularly like the one Clearaudio offered. They needed something good with the amount of acrylic used in their turntables, but other lids may benefit.

advertisement

Back