advertisement

50s Instrumental with horse clip clop sound??

Get some plastic cups for coconuts, sit at a table in front of your phone and make a video of you singing it, then put that on YouTube and post a link here.
I dare you.
I double dare you

Is it Husky Team by The Outlaws (or the version by The Saints)? Both of which are Joe Meek recordings.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7rYuckminkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sugarfoot/Tenderfoot. It certainly had a clip clop percussion background. Oh no, it had lyrics. Bonanza had a twangy guitar - maybe there was a B-side.

Nope Sorry none of the above. The outlaws is getting closer with something like Indian Brave or Ambush.
It has that sort of feel. Radio 6 played it so it cant be too obscure :)
Im just going through 144 of the Joe Meek productions on one compilation!

Its made me realise that there is nothing worse than getting a song in your head and not being able to trace it. Especially as there are no lyrics so it couldnt be a harder challenge.

Leave it with me folks as it will only work if I go and hum it to someone that could possibly know it.

Maybe you have found what you were looking for by now, but if not maybe its Doin' the Horse by Skippy Brooks Combo. Its on You Tube.

Are you sure its from the 50's?
It sounds very like a Jonathan Richman track from the 70's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZAQwIMx7k

I LOVE YOU!!!!

THATS IT!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! BRILLIANT!!!! I KNEW THIS FORUM WOULD COME UP TRUMPS!

I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD GET IT! Sorry if the fifties was misleading. They played it on six music but the now playing info was not updated. It doesnt get played much. Its not an out and out fave but I just had to know what it was!

I just couldnt place it. I hummed it to a few people and they looked at me like I was insane. Theres nothing worse than not being able to place a track. I was sure someone would get it on the clip cloppy sounds but it took a while :) My description is now going to look sadly lacking :)

Ive actually got roadrunner as one of my favourite tracks Duh!

I had given up on this because I wasnt about to make an idiot of myself humming it in a shop :) Ive now downloaded it from i tunes

You're brilliant cheers! I owe you one!

THREAD CLOSED :D

Ha ha - that is very well known. It's not horses hooves but some type of percussion instrument. 1970s hit so your description had me thinking about the wrong genre/era. Nearest I was thinking of was Dick Dale.

Ha ha - that is very well known. It's not horses hooves but some type of percussion instrument. 1970s hit so your description had me thinking about the wrong genre/era. Nearest I was thinking of was Dick Dale.

Yeah I know. "Egyptian Reggae" I cocked that right up. I didnt give people much to go on.

I havent heard many tracks with that type of percussion. The percussion symbolises something clopping along does it not? A camel maybe? :)

RESULT!
THREAD CLOSED :)

Its a great track, Jonathan Richman has penned many great songs, I do like the first modern lovers Lp, Pablo Picasso, road runner etc.
Collecting punk & new wave has its advantages!

Damn, you've gone and got it - I was going to suggest you created a SoundCloud.com clip of you humming it for us all to have a laugh, sorry, I meant listen :)

Damn, you've gone and got it - I was going to suggest you created a SoundCloud.com clip of you humming it for us all to have a laugh, sorry, I meant listen :)

Yes I really should have done that because you would have got it. My shyness and reluctance to take it any further meant it has stewed in my mind for over six months. You've got to admit it could have been embarrassing humming that. You would have had a right laugh :)

I knew all the notes by going dum dum da da dum dum dum.......or humming it......... :)

I thought it may possibly be 50s to 70s but I had no lyrics to go from. My friends and family didnt know.

Thanks again to Yveski for giving the answer despite my misleading description. Im sure many of you would have got it if my description hadnt been so vague and useless.

Its driving me mad trying to find what a 50s ?? guitar band instrumental with horse clip clopping sounds is titled.

I have heard it a good few times ....

......and the key is that its a guitar band instrumental with a horse clip clopping sound in the background.

I will have to go and sing it in a oldie record shop at this rate :) That will be embarrassing!

You know it goes dum dum dum da da da da dum ,dum dum dum da da da dum in quite a deep guitar tone with the coconut sound in the back ground :D

Yes Im going mad! Do you just hate it when you dont know the name of a track. I'm not even massively into it. Oh well worth a try. Should I offer a small prize as an incentive ?:)

Dear Minstrel SE,

you wrote right out of my heart! Thank you so much for starting this thread!!
The second I read your precise "dum dum dum...." :p description of this song, and of course the horse clopping sound, I knew you were talking about the same song I`m trying to find. No kidding!

So a big THANK YOU, Minstrel SE for starting this and your persistence and of course last but definetly not least to everyone who tried to help AND YVESKI!!! da Person who finally solved this. :D

V.

advertisement

Back