advertisement

401 plinth required, what is a good one?

I found
photostream
recently. I like it a lot. Does anybody have some information about this plinth?

N.

When I made the box plinth I mounted the 401 with the rubber washers as originally intended. The securing nuts underneath were just nipped up but not tight. I usually put a dab of blue hylomar gasket cement on the studs so the nuts don't need over tightening to stop them from vibrating loose. I used cork pads between the top plate and the box sides instead of squash balls or rubber pads. I preferred the sound of the deck that way. For the solid ply plinth the deck was bolted down exactly the same. Both plinths had ply feet which I turned in the lathe. These had a screw thread protruding which threaded into a brass insert which was glued into the bottom of the plinth so I could level the thing. The bottom of the foot had a cork pad fitted. Sounded pretty good to me.

Here's the 401 in the box plinth.

I would vote for finding yourself a piece of slate off Ebay, and then taking it to your local kitchen worktop place for the cutting if you don't fancy having a go yourself with an angle grinder. Mine came to the grand cost of £18 for the slate and £80 for all of the cutting.

Here's my experience of getting a plinth for my 401 together
http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=7596.0

advertisement

Back