advertisement

35mm Film Malarky for an out of touch gentleman!

The OM10 gets a fair bit of bad press because it's a bit plasticy, and built to a price for the 'amateur' market, but a working one should be just fine. Check the light seals on the back, the rubber tends to turn to goo over time - these are pretty simple to replace yourself. You can test the shutter speeds with a phone app, the mic pics up the noises, before wasting a roll of film.

Passed my City & Guilds with a pair of OM10's can't fault them, bite my Daughter and I still use them as they are excellent value with plenty of bits about

Store your film in the freezer or fridge. It will keep for years that way.

That’s what I used to do, but it’s worth mentioning that the film should be taken out of the fridge/freezer a fair while before being used - otherwise there can be condensation on the colder than room temperature film when the film cartridge is removed from its canister.

Passed my City & Guilds with a pair of OM10's can't fault them, bite my Daughter and I still use them as they are excellent value with plenty of bits about

That's what I was trying to say - but they don't go on forever. I have one too ;)

I've got an OM-1n with 35/2.8, 50/1.8 and 135/3.5 which was given to me a few years back. I've not used it much to be honest, as I tend to pick up my pentax MX if I want a 35mm SLR to take out. I think they are both very good systems, so i'm just lucky to have a good example of both!

I've got an OM-1n with 35/2.8, 50/1.8 and 135/3.5 which was given to me a few years back. I've not used it much to be honest, as I tend to pick up my pentax MX if I want a 35mm SLR to take out. I think they are both very good systems, so i'm just lucky to have a good example of both!

If you ever fancy moving the OM1 on let me know.

Pete

About 15 years ago or so, I tried about every combination of film/developer I could get my fingers on. The Acros was to me one of the least appealing...it had no character. Sort of like a color film desaturated to B/W.
I did upload a comparison of the results of different films/developers which amazingly is still available online here

https://www.photo.net/gallery/118273#//Sort-Newest/All-Categories/All-Time/Page-1

If this embedded link works that is. Hover over the picture to get the details of which film/developer and then click on it for full size renditions.

I bought an OM2 a couple of weeks ago, to go with the excellent 50mm 1.8 that I had lying about. Beautiful camera, huge viewfinder.

Film arrived yesterday, many thanks Cesare

Got a day off today, so will have a play.

The OM-10 has jammed though, seems like its a common fault (reading up on the internet), but yesterday another 35mm film camera landed. I thought that I would relive my youth, and re-purchase an example of my first SLR - A Fujica STX-1N, managed to negotiate a deal, on a never used example!!!

uOLMPEAh.jpg

GaHq2Z3h.jpg

OAKz7l5h.jpg

RqUgltFh.jpg

Paid the same price for it, as I did from Comet when I bought a new one all those years ago!!! - if I get on with it I can see some lens GAS happening (specifically the 19mm, 28mm and 35mm!!!)

Very nice indeed! Shame about the Oly though.

Let's have a 'show us you film gear thread' - any takers?

advertisement

Back