advertisement

2Qute inputs?

Natara

pfm Member
Which do people prefer? I use my mac as a source and so use USB out and I have used all 3 inputs on the 2qute but have settled on coaxial via a USB interface but I have read that the USB to spdif converter is not needed when the USB on the 2Qute is so good.

I will swap the coaxial for USB in the next week and not tell my other half who has quite refined ears and see if she notices any differences and report back but what are other peoples experiences, USB, Spdif or Optical?

I’ve used coax and usb for main music and tv uses optical over a cheap toslink so I’ll discount that. To my ears the usb is slightly better but then I’m comparing a dedicated usb streamer with and spdif our from a cdp.
Probably not much help after all!!!

Mac Mini (the mid-2010 one) as source. I use the USB for music and a coax to optical for TV sound to isolate the earth from the TV. Incidentally, I'm running High Sierra with no issues - it does speed up significantly with the memory maxed out and with an SSD.

Always use USB with my Mac but never tried a converter & considered a 2Qute but went for M-dac+ on my main system because of extra facilities. DACs on my other systems are all built into Oppo or Rega disc players & never had any issues with USB. Do not see how a converter would improve things unless there is a problem with USB on DAC but doubt that would be the case with 2Qute. Only way to tell is try it.

My preferred order is coaxial, optical, usb.. However the usb feed was direct from innous zen, not my normal moon 180 mind ( it has no usb ).

advertisement

Back