advertisement

AURALiC Introduces Industry’s First Wireless Streaming Solution That Supports DSD

But it could be a good solution for people with async USB DACs who don't want a noisy pc near their hifi. From Auralics point of view my hunch is that it will be an intermediate product - once they have it working, they'll build it into one of their own DACs and have a high-quality network player. No need to turn data into USB or s/pdif just to get it into a DAC if you make the DAC as well - just join the two products. Would be very interesting. They use Linns DNLA extensions btw.

Looks interesting. It's pretty difficult to find a streamer sans Dac to utilise in a system that only needs a streamer to finish it off (does that make sense?)

Bugger, it is to retail at $999 so it's a little pricey for what it does (or doesn't)

I'm looking forward to getting our first samples!

OTOH, if you need a DSD-capable, Squeezebox-compatible USB streamer, there is already one available at less than half that price:

SoTM SMS100 Mini Server

No on-board wireless, but easy to add a wireless Bridge to its ethernet port or, better, wire direct to router.

Looks very similar to the Vega in style and size.

1501626_580248125377022_849272717_o.jpg

Peter

Looks very similar to the Vega in style and size.

Peter

I think they just used the Vega case to get something to show -here's a thread on computeraudiophile where the designer discusses it - suspect they've got a fair bit of work to do getting apps to work. Not sure why they can't just use existing DLNA control points and servers. JRiver and JRemote would be my choice. Their own app is unlikely to be as richly featured.

advertisement

Back