advertisement

Devialet Expert 220 Pro, roon and SAM

So the new system is up and running (respect to Rick@Musicraft). Firmware updated and SAM installed for the SM100s which I've set at 50%. roon core setup on the QNAP, all running smoothly and sounding sublime.

Being relatively new to world if Devialet other than a few demos.... Is there much else to setup with these. Twas almost to easy to set up!

Also what are you/users experiences of SAM?

The set-up really is that easy. There are some other settings you can fiddle with, mainly to do with configuration of inputs, but nothing that needs your attention while you enjoy the early stages of getting used to the system.

As for SAM, I'd say it is 100% dependent on which speakers you're using, so other folks' opinions are unlikely to shed much light.

I've already done all the config possible. Switched everything off that not connected, so is a cleanly config'd as possible.
Turning SAM down to 50% was just to stop overly mastered track chuffing the ports on the SM100s when its wacked up. On a clean well recorded track its fine at 100% but 50% just keeps it on the right side is you get me.

Tis quite a piece of kit hey!

Good choice - love mine (although it's due a trip to France to have the Core Infinity board fitted). Sounds like you've got everything off that doesn't need to be on - make sure DPM is off too. I played about with SAM but in the end turned if off. Other than that it's a pretty easy device to live with.

Enjoy :cool:

No core yet, but it'll be going to to Paris for the update soon. i bought it new old stock.
No vinyl either but that was one of the draws as its supposed to have one the best phonostages around ATM

Coupe, whats DPM?

Yes the phono stage is really quite nice, I find the biggest downside is keeping the unit free from finger prints. Build quality is superb though. Enjoy.
There is a really easy to hear clarity in sound from any other system I’ve had, I suspect the class A part of the amp shows through and it does get quite warm during a good listening session.

Dynamic Power Management. You'll find it in the configurator. IIRC it's off as standard but you may want to check. As for cleaning it, i use a lens cleaning cloth to clean any dust off once a week and generally don't touch it (use the gloves if you need to) and it's stayed pristine over the 4 years i've owned it.

The remote i've given up on keeping clean...

Well , I have helped quite a few folk to set up devialets with sammed speakers and at high levels of sam , you can hear the bass drivers limiting .. very evident if you play bass tones to set up the system. If you play at real low volumes its less evident
15% seems to be the magic spot where it all disappears yet you still get the "goodness" of sam

SAM didn’t exist till 2014

SAM is available for lots of speakers which ceased production long before its introduction. If ProAc distinguishes between the Studio 100 and SM100 models, you can bet that Devialet does too. SAM profiles are model specific. You can easily raise a ticket with Devialet to confirm this. At the same time, you can vote for SAM to be extended to the SM100.

advertisement

Back