advertisement

Trump Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i do recall that -- when i said "we", i meant the people here or perhaps i was simply projecting my own expectations: truly thought after the "access hollywood" scandal there was no way he could capture enough of the female (and decent male) vote.
people in canada? surely you mean people in the us ?

This is Ibrahim Abu Thurayyah. He lost both his legs during the Israeli massacre in Gaza in 2008/9.

He received his new mobility scooter in 2012. It was part paid for by fishermen from Waterford, where I live, via an Irish Palestinian support group.

He was murdered by an Israeli sniper who shot him in the head as he was protesting against the US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital the other day.

Palestinian double amputee killed by Israeli sniper

This is Ibrahim Abu Thurayyah. He lost both his legs during the Israeli massacre in Gaza in 2008/9.

He received his new mobility scooter in 2012. It was part paid for by fishermen from Waterford, where I live, via an Irish Palestinian support group.

He was murdered by an Israeli sniper who shot him in the head as he was protesting against the US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital the other day.

Palestinian double amputee killed by Israeli sniper
The depressing thing is that this will simply be ignored by the supporters of Zionism.

No, that's not the problem. People on this forum are well aware of the consequences of Trump's egotistical declaration, and few if any would ignore the enormity of the consequences.

The problem is the poster concerned banging on about something everyone else already knows and has known over more years than it took the poster to realise the iniquity of the situation. He isn't preaching to the converted, but as a recent convert to something that the majority have already realised and have protested against over the years. Unfortunate it certainly is, but until said poster realises this, most readers won't even look at the link, and few will be shocked.

It also doesn't help that said poster was a Trump supporter, no matter what the reason..

I thought Trump said he would cooperate fully with the Mueller investigation.

Was he lying?

Is it possible Trump has something to hide?

I wish Mueller wasn't named after a brand of yoghurt. It's distracting.

The skinny is that, Drumpf et al thought they'd managed to hive off and stash all the incriminating emails thus, allowing them to hand over a bunch of anodyne mails that would make them look innocent. Mueller of course, already knew what he was looking for so took the lot. Several commentators are equating said emails with the "Watergate Tapes" in terms of their importance.

I wish Mueller wasn't named after a brand of yoghurt. It's distracting.

you should watch MCNBC. they let nothing distract on this matter. a recent analysis by FAIR:

Russia or Corporate Tax Cuts: Which Would Comcast Rather MSNBC Cover?
https://fair.org/home/russia-or-corporate-tax-cuts-which-would-comcast-rather-msnbc-cover/

"At the beginning of December, liberal TV hosts Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow—the anchors of MSNBC‘s primetime schedule—were confronted with ever-escalating breaking news. In the span of a week, from December 1 through December 7, President Donald Trump shrank two national monuments, recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, saw his travel ban upheld by the Supreme Court and possibly began to create his own spy network. Meanwhile, the Senate passed a tax “reform” bill that would radically restructure the US economy at the expense of poor and middle-class Americans, and climate change-fueled wildfires devastated Southern California.

Yet on the days their shows aired during those seven days—the weekdays, December 1 and 4–7—both Hayes and Maddow bypassed all these stories to lead with minutiae from the ongoing Russia investigation that has consumed MSNBC‘s coverage like no other news event since the beginning of the Trump presidency. Topical news of the day, whether on legislation or natural disasters, took a backseat. The Comcast-owned network’s two most popular personalities used their position to focus endlessly on speculative coverage of Russia’s role in the 2016 election—devoting the bulk of each show’s 15-minutes opening segment to the story, at a minimum."

firemoon.

those bot analyses look interesting, but i have no way of evaluating them for accuracy or meaning (seems like i would have to spend a couple of days of study for that). i don't think most journalists do either -- which is perhaps why there is no mainstream dissection of this, in spite of a high interest in the superficial aspects. also, if bots are so effective (as is alleged), does this not mean everyone is going to get in on the act now, including corporations and PACs? i'm even thinking of writing my own little bot for fun and to get acquainted with twitter -- i don't even have an account right now.

Vuk, if you don't think corporations are in on using bots etc then you really need to keep up. Check the reviews of any new product that threatens the status quo because it is the "next step" and you will find reviews that absolutely trash the product. There are already companies that offer "reviews" as part of their "service" along with "buying" plays on YouTube etc etc. The Russian bots however, were employed on an industrial level, we are talking tens of thousands of them not just some spotty Russian kid on his own in some freezing Moscow basement. How they worked was simple, Cambridge Analytica gave them the micro data on millions of voters in Europe and in the USA and then the bots specifically targeted those people they thought liable to be swayed by the propaganda they were spouting. The result being, unless you were considered "scared, vulnerable, liable to tilt towards extremism as sop towards your paranoia" then, you never saw those ads and they have tried everything they can to stop those ads being shown to the population in general. Without the wholesale collusion of Cambridge Analytica and by dint of that, the Republicans in the USA, the Tories and UKIP in the UK that Russian propaganda would have been nowhere near as successful, in fact, they wouldn't have bothered at all as it would not have produced the results they wished for. The sooner you and the everyone else face up to that fact, that the right colluded knowingly and willingly with Putin in order to attempt to achieve their aims in Europe and the USA, then the sooner we can deal with it properly and move on.

Vuk, if you don't think corporations are in on using bots etc then you really need to keep up.

my question was largely rhetorical. you keep coming back to russia as the sole cause for concern. why can't corporations or the USA/CIA go "industrial" with this too? i imagine some have already. even if we "face up" to what you allege russia did or attempted to do, how does it erase or stop the social problem you are trying to describe?

The skinny is that, Drumpf et al thought they'd managed to hive off and stash all the incriminating emails thus, allowing them to hand over a bunch of anodyne mails that would make them look innocent. Mueller of course, already knew what he was looking for so took the lot. Several commentators are equating said emails with the "Watergate Tapes" in terms of their importance.

Resist the Orange Moron:

https://www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.org/event/mueller-firing-rapid-response/search/

i suggest you watch rt for 24 hours. even you will see the answer to your question. oh, and with an open mind.

p.s. just the "trump university" crime (aside from all the other stuff he did) would have been sufficient for me to disqualify the man from running. i'm pretty sure that in a place like sweden or france, it would have stopped right there. it exposes a massive political and cultural problem in the USA. it is not my fault trump was allowed to run and got elected; i have no moral obligation to endorse this insane collusion investigation, which seems to be revealing very little of it. why not just be honest and investigate his corrupt business dealings. also, given what has happened, why not push for legislation requiring candidates to publish their tax records? that surely would have nipped the ugly orange weed in the bud. people (media/politicians) were cowards during the campaigning.

Watched RT for 24 hours with an open mind:

walking-dead-s8-andrew-lincoln-rick-grimes-sad-cry-flashforward.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back